'Round the World Weather Report

Chit-chat, current events
JackFavell

Re: 'Round the World Weather Report

Post by JackFavell »

We actually got some of your weather in CT yesterday.... we hardly ever get tornadoes, but the system was big and strong enough to make it all the way out here. Of course, it is no threat at all here on the coast, not anything like what you had. I will keep my good thoughts going out to you guys...I remember how scary it was!
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Wendy, don't EVER assume it isn't a threat! Wind can shift direction and knock you flat with very little warning, so pay heed whenever the skies turn that curious shade of green...or the weatherman says take cover...or you see a cow fly by... :lol: :lol:
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Hey, sister.
I hear ya'.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I just meant that, here on the coast, weather coming from the west usually dissipates before it slams us - the ocean does some thing really weird as far as weather is concerned. Systems skip over us, or they melt away....it's all because of the close proximity of the ocean. Southeastern CT. has the mildest weather in all of New England, but we do get our share of Nor'easters.... Then WE are the ones who get slammed first.
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

just keep an eye on the skies for those %$##$% flying cows...... :lol: :lol:
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

It feels more like Florida than Illinois here this week.
Or it feels like Illinois in August - at least the corn isn't 10 feet tall and blocking the breeze.
It's storming every day and HOT HOT HOT!
B
klondike

Post by klondike »

Here in Ethan Allen Country, we haven't broken 50 degrees in the past week - and so much drizzly, pizzly rain, the earthworms are growin' gills!
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Our earthworms are carrying white flags!

The rains are now causing smaller creeks and rivers to flood and I have overheard several conversations about flooded basements.
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

the humidity here is almost 70%, and HOT. Since it isn't even summer yet....I think we're in for it this year. Can anyone say "COLORADO"??? I'm housesitting for a friend, she and husband are in Vancouver. NO humidity to speak of, low 70's, partly sunny skies. What a shocker when she walks out of the airport here!
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Oh, I am sorry! Yuck.

The humidity is what gets you! I hate it. So why am I living here on the southeastern edge of CT? I really don't know. Our humidity levels always seem high compared to the midwest. Today it's at 59% and it feels quite dry, so I am guessing that we are usually higher than that... I have always felt that this region was semi-tropical... it's a good thing the men seem to like frizzy hair. :D :D
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

Hey, Knitty -- I just checked my local weather on Weather.com, and I thought I'd take a look at Gardner to see how things are going chez toi. It said 97 -- feels like 101 -- winds gusting to 26 mph. And people think riding the subway at midnight here is hazardous to your health!
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

yup, the heat is ferocious, and it's only June 18. This is August weather, not mid June.

When I finally got the car unloaded (YAAAAY! she's HOME!) and got settled in, I turned the computer on to see what was going on over here. BAM! I got socked right between the eyes with the most drop dead gorgeous photo of Ben Johnson.....outside is an arctic zone compared to in here....... :shock: 8)
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Ha ha ha! Glad you enjoyed it... Now I need to find some photos that will cool you off!
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Nancy - it's about the same here. Last week, our earthworms were literally drowning.
Now my air is out!!!
Everyone send cold, icy stares my way, please, till the HC dude gets here with the part.
(Gasp)
Boiling Birdy
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Oh Birdy, not fun! I hope you have some place to escape to cool off. Think snow capped mountains, icy streams, foggy riverbanks. I lived (?) 5 years in an un-airconditioned little house. One Sunday afternoon, I took a nap on the living room sofa, woke up to find all the candles had melted over. scary times. I pretty much lived at a friend's house until I could find a place to move to, and got burglarized 2 times in six weeks while house hunting. ugh

Let us know when your a.c. is back on!