The Good News Thread

Chit-chat, current events
movieman1957
Administrator

Re: The Good News Thread

Post by movieman1957 »

You would be surprised how much it has grown. There is a medical center that has brought in some very high end people all the while being a stone's throw from normal little farms. Now if you like a history Jonesborough is a lovely little sideline especially if you turn up during the Story Telling Festival.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

MrCutter and I are going to visit good friends in Huntsville later this summer. The Space Museum there is first on our list of things to see. We're space geeks. Major space race geeks.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

MichiganJ

Post by MichiganJ »

Juno is on it's way to Jupitor. Should be there July 4, 2016. NASA still rocks.
"Let's be independent together." Dr. Hermey DDS
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Now there's a trip I could use.
Chris

Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

We actually get to visit two cities that are new to us, Huntsville and Nashville. We fly into Nashville and will spend one day with our friends checking out Nashville before driving down to Huntsville for the rest of our trip.

Hopefully, the weather will be on our side.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

Gary J.

Post by Gary J. »

MichiganJ wrote:Juno is on it's way to Jupitor. Should be there July 4, 2016. NASA still rocks.
And now they think they've found water on Mars.
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Thanks for your good wishes, we had a lovely time. I wasn't sure how much I would be able to join in given my health this past year but I needn't have worried, we had a guest card in the first accomadation which meant that we could go on all cable cars and ski lifts once so I got up lots of mountains, the weather was fine, I could sit and eat apple strudel and relax whilstthe kids went for a bit of a hike with Dad. We went on a nice lake cruise too and visited the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang castle too. We did see Dachau because we were so close, grim is all I can say, yet I'm glad I had the chance to take the kids and reflect. Joe had his brithday and being car made we visited the BMW works in Munich, what a great day out for a 6 year old, he got to sit in as many BMWs as he liked whilst Dad took pictures and all this was free. It was his best birthday ever. The second week we moved to Bertesgadenland quite the prettiest place I've ever been. Joe wanted to see Hitler's golden lift (it's actually brass) so we took a trip to the Kelstein Haus. in both places we were close to Austria, a country I'd recommend just as much. I had plenty of chance to rest and got plenty of chance to see things.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
charliechaplinfan

It's nice to have some good news, we're off to Tuscany tomorrow, I'm hoping to get fat on some lovely extra virgin olive oil and happy with some nice chianti.

See everyone when we get back xx
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

ALLISON, HAVE A FANTASTIC TIME. BRING BACK PIX TO SHARE WITH US HERE AT THE OASIS.

BE SAFE IN YOUR TRAVELS!!!!
:D :D

(If you see someone eating fava beans with their Chianti...head for the hillsssssssssssssss!!!)
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Have a wonderful time, Alison! Have an olive for me!
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

JackFavell wrote:Have a wonderful time, Alison! Have an olive for me!
Same here and enjoy your trip CCFan!

movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

My bride and my daughter plan to go to Italy someday. As it happens a restaurant owner is a customer of theirs and he owns a home in Tuscany. He offered it to them when they go for as long as they want to use it. There was no mention of my name in any of these discussions.
Chris

feaito

Post by feaito »

Have a great trip Ali :D
charliechaplinfan

It was lovely although I'm not sure Chris would like to drive there again, they seem to make up their own rules and we had some near misses. We did have a lovely time, it was as good as your picture Kingme but multiplied many times.

Chros you make sure you get included in that invitation, it's unmissable.