ENOUGH!!!

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
klondike

Post by klondike »

Wow . . I sure hope John McCain has a sense of humor . . if not, sharing the Republican ticket with Sarah I-stage-empowerment-seminars-because-my-uterus-has-a-multi-level-marketing-degree Palin must have been excruciating! :shock:
bryce

Post by bryce »

Aliens have uteruses? Surely you jest... ;)
klondike

Post by klondike »

bryce wrote:Aliens have uteruses? Surely you jest... ;)
You're right, chances are good that a female alien would no more likely have a uterus than would an oviparous reptile woman . . like Laura Bush.
bryce

Post by bryce »

Laura Bush about to claim another victim!

Hey, wait, wasn't this a serious thread at one point?
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

It still is. Seriously.
[youtube][/youtube]
bryce

Post by bryce »

[youtube][/youtube]

Have you two kept up with The Onion's Bush articles these past few weeks? As they are quoted in an interview, "...we just ran out of things to do with him." He has been hit by an airplane, spiders crawl up his brain (then hatching and eating his frontal lobe), had his eyelid accidentally nailed to a wall, dragged behind the Presidential motorcade for 26 blocks, passed a three pound kidney stone, had his arm bitten off by a crocodile, tumbled down the Washington Monument's flight of stairs and, finally, died peacefully in his sleep (before having his corpse sucked through an engine of Air Force One's).

No One Takes Politics More Seriously Than The Onion. Nobody.
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

This just in from the ONION news desk...
[youtube][/youtube]
silentscreen

Post by silentscreen »

It will be interesting to see how the Obama Presidency turns out in four years though. Or even eight years, which is the term I think he will serve. Hindsight they say, is twenty twenty. We shall all see then....
"Humor is nothing less than a sense of the fitness of things." Carole Lombard
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

What has happened to Sarah Palin? Is she no longer a headline maker since the election.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
MichiganJ

Post by MichiganJ »

Sarah is desperately trying to lengthen her 15-minutes. She's given more interviews and is shopping for a book deal.
"Let's be independent together." Dr. Hermey DDS
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

For those who miss the sick joke that was (and probably still is) our
National Nightmare, here’s a stroll down memory lane… (Just a
friendly reminder that it can---and almost did---happen here!)
[youtube][/youtube]
klondike

Post by klondike »

" . . the horror . . ", indeed!
Well, I guess we can take comfort in the fact that if nothing else, Sarah's abortive {cue Jack from Will & Grace: "ha, he said abortive, that's funny . ."} bid for VP will have served to pretty much destroy her estimated 29% approval rating in her home state of Alaska.
Bye-bye, Juneau!
Time to open up the house in Wasilla, and dig out those old mayoral election bumper stickers, Madame Governor, cause I got a feeling that come next year, you're gonna need 'em . . or, just go back to real estate pyramid scams, or executive training seminars at the Anchorage Holiday Inn, or giving Russia the finger from your front porch while sucking on Stoli hot toddies {ha, he said "Toddy"} . . ya know, whatever!!
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
MichiganJ

Post by MichiganJ »

Thanks for the video, Dewey.
(So much for sleeping through the night. And I was just starting to, too....)
"Let's be independent together." Dr. Hermey DDS
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Thanks for the info. She doesn't infiltrate our news anymore.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
Vecchiolarry

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Dear Alison,

How lucky you are that Miss Palin (Failin' Palin!!) doesn't infiltrate your news anymore.
Just today, in Canada of all places, she has been on the news twice today. She is writing her auto-biography and wanting several millions upfront for it.
Also, she has been found to have kept all those designer clothes she was given for the campaign "only"; and they are in a couple of garbage bags in her basement. She says she meant to give them to charity but forgot....

Her tribe seems to be the Alaska version of Lil Abner and Mammy Yokum et al. Her daughter is definitely "Apassionata von Climax" and the boyfriend, "Available Jones"....

Larry