Someone's having a birthday!

Chit-chat, current events
mongoII

Re: Someone's having a birthday!

Post by mongoII »

Happy, Happy, Birthday Baby...Theresa. Have a wonderful day and enjoy yourself!
Joseph Goodheart
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

OMG! I never go to this thread. What am I missing? A very Happy Day to LZ Cutter, the Milk Dud cravin' Maven, and anybody I've missed. Not to mention Mr. Cary Grant!
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Happy Birthday Theresa, I hope it's the best one yet.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

BOB just popped by.....

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

Bob Mitchum just revealed this to TMZ:
"I'd love to be stranded on a tropical isle with Theresa, especially on her birthday!"

HAPPY BLAST OUT OF THE PAST BIRTHDAY TO CINEMAVEN!!!!!
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Heaven Knows, Mr. Mitchum!
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Make that twizzlers and raisinets...

Lots of love, Wen
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

[u]Lzcutter[/u] wrote:HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CINEMAVEN!!!!!!!Theresa, May your day be filled with all the cinematic wonder your heart can hold!!!!
Thank you so much my fellow Capricorn. Belatedly I wish you the very best. You help keep this oasis afloat. That's not lost on me.

[u]movieman1957[/u] wrote:Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday dear Cinemaven. Happy Birthday to you. (I sounded wonderful.)
I know you do. Thank you, Sir. I turned around thinking Robert Merrill was in the room. Thanks again MM'57. I appreciate it.

[u]knitwit45[/u] wrote:yes, you did, Chris! Could you hear me singing harmony? We ARE great!!! Happy Birthday, T! Hope your day is filled with movies, popcorn, soda, and Milk Duds!!!!!
That was you singing with him Knitty? I thought I was listening to Rosemary Clooney...whoa. You've just listed my favorite meal. Thanxx for the wishes!

[u]kingrat[/u] wrote:Gosh, I missed this thread and didn't wish Lynn a happy birthday! A belated Happy Birthday! And Happy Birthday to our Maven!
Hey Brother Rat...thank you so much! Damn, I wish I were as cute as Turhan Bey!!! Then maybe you'd like more of my movie choices. Dang!

[u]mongoII[/u] wrote:Happy, Happy, Birthday Baby...Theresa. Have a wonderful day and enjoy yourself!
With or without your socks on, you're one peach of a guy Joe. Thanks for the 'happy, happy.' Plan to have dinner with my friends in a minute.

[u]RedRiver[/u] wrote:OMG! I never go to this thread. What am I missing? A very Happy Day to LZ Cutter, the Milk Dud cravin' Maven, and anybody I've missed. Not to mention Mr. Cary Grant!
As silly as this might sound, the best part of my birthday is knowing that Cary Grant was born this day as well. You've dubbed me a couple of names Kentucky Joe...but I'm kind of really diggin' Cravin' Maven. Thanks for the birthday wish, man.

[u]charliechaplinfan[/u] wrote:Happy Birthday Theresa, I hope it's the best one yet.
Thank you very much Alison. I'm reading your message with a British accent in my head. Oooh, it's not coming out right, but your wish sure is. Thanks for the message. Now if only I could get Lara for the weekend... ( Can I? Can I, pretty please??? It'd be better to have your permission than be accused of dog-napping. )

[u]Sue Sue Applegate[/u] wrote:Bob Mitchum just revealed this to TMZ: "I'd love to be stranded on a tropical isle with Theresa, especially on her birthday!"

HAPPY BLAST OUT OF THE PAST BIRTHDAY TO CINEMAVEN!!!!!
Wow! Who needs to be rescued when you have Bob Mitchum. Oh Bobby, Bobby...what happens on that tropical isle...STAYS on that tropical isle...I'll never tell. Thank you so much for the birthday wish, Tex. Keep those piano keys warm for us at the Roosevelt! I expect a duet...even if our audience runs away!!!

JackFavell wrote:Make that twizzlers and raisinets...Lots of love, Wen
Wendeeeeeee - I'll take those Twizzlers and Raisinets as the dessert after the meal Knitty set up for me. Wow. I hope I can live up to the birthday wish of each of those stars you posted. Girl, you're knowing me sooooo well. Thank you very much, Wendy. I'm touched at the time you took to create each of them. Geez. :cry:

oasis |ōˈāsis|
noun ( pl. -ses |ōˈāsēz|)
1 a fertile spot in a desert where water is found.
• figurative a pleasant or peaceful area or period in the midst of a difficult, troubled, or hectic place or situation : an oasis of calm in the center of the city.
2 ( Oasis) trademark a type of rigid foam into which the stems of flowers can be secured in flower arranging.
ORIGIN early 17th cent.: via late Latin from Greek, apparently of Egyptian origin.
What a crazy place this Oasis is. Like a family - you love...you get mad at...giggle with...or turn away from; you look for their approval, want to make them laugh, hope to hell they like you, or seek their praise.

Thank you all soooo much for personally sending me these birthday greetings. This is very appreciated. Here's to more happy positive cinematic discussions on the best little Message Board this side of the Rockies!!!

THANK YOU,

Theresa
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

May the Gods of Mavenhood do well by you today.

And have a fun (but safe) evening.
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
The Ingenue

Post by The Ingenue »

A birthday? A birthday?

Happy birthday, Theresa, and many happy returns of the day!
feaito

Post by feaito »

...and happy birthday to Tess here at the Oasis too :wink:
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

[u]ChiO[/u] wrote:May the Gods of Mavenhood do well by you today. And have a fun (but safe) evening.
The evening was safe...the evening was (( hiccup! )) fun...and the gods weren't crazy...they were cooool with me. Wow. From your words to the gods' ears. Thanxx for putting in a good word for me to them. I needed a noir guy on my side.

I've heard Sunday in New York is fun...if it's Tuesday it must be Belgium...and April in Paris is so romantic. But tell me, how is Chicago in May? ( Pssst! I'll be there for six hours after the TCM Film Festival. )

[u]CarrieLiz[/u] wrote:A birthday? A birthday? Happy birthday, Theresa, and many happy returns of the day!
Hi CarrieLiz. Thank you so much for the birthday shout out. Who'd thunk Anita Louise would bring us together! Thanks again.

[u]feaito[/u] wrote:...and happy birthday to Tess here at the Oasis too :wink:
Feaitooooooooooooooooh. Muchas gracias. I crossed your mind twice? I'm a lucky lucky Maven. Thank you for your kind thoughts for me on my birthday.
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

But tell me, how is Chicago in May? ( Pssst! I'll be there for six hours after the TCM Film Festival. )
Depends. Is that a six hour layover at O'Hare? (I'm sorry. That's like landing at Newark and trying to see Manhattan in 6 hours. You can try, but is it worth the hassle?) Or a 6 hour layover at Union Station? (Hmmm...many opportunities.) Or 6 hours somewhere else? (Not Midway, I hope, and I assume it's not by boat.)

Wherever, I shall be there to welcome you to the Capital of the Middle Coast...unless I'm in San Francisco watching Noir nightly.
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Well, better late than never! Hope it was a happy one, Lynn.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Missing your birthday too is enough to give the normally conscience-free Jane Greer a bad night!
Hope it was a Happy Birthday, CineMaven.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks