Chit-chat, current events
JackFavell

Re: The whiny thread

Post by JackFavell »

I never had a migraine until I was 30. Hmmmm...... :D
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

My Dad suffered badly from migraines when I was growing up, he's be in his mid thirties then, they stopped when he got to about 40, he's never had migraines since but he never touches chocolate or cheese anymore either.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I haven't had one for a while, maybe one all summer? And so to have them come on so relentlessly was really out of the ordinary. I watch out for chocolate, aged cheeses, wine and always drink plenty of water.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

JackFavell wrote:I haven't had one for a while, maybe one all summer? And so to have them come on so relentlessly was really out of the ordinary. I watch out for chocolate, aged cheeses, wine and always drink plenty of water.
I stay away from aged cheese and limit my intake of wine and drink plenty of water too. Good advice here Jack Favell. I also cut down the number of chocolate that I consume on a weekly basis too.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Glad to hear you don't get them too often, kingme. They can be so hard to deal with.
charliechaplinfan

I'm glad I don't get them, along with classic movies I live for chocolate and aged cheeses.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I have more of a hard time with the cheese than the chocolate, oddly enough. But my triggers don't usually run that direction, it's more weather related. I am in love with bleu cheese, romano, stiltons, french or Italian cheeses, but not the runny ones. I could live happily wihout ever seeing a Camembert or a Brie again as long as I live.
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

Sorry to hear you weren't well Wendy. Glad you're feeling much better. Great that you found the cause. Raisins. Who'd have thunk.
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

I am glad you are better, too! :lol:
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Thanks guys! I'm glad too. I think someone ought to make a horror movie about raisins, since it's getting close to Halloween. Think of the possibilities.... :D
charliechaplinfan

I'm not keen on camembert and brie but love the mature English cheeses like stilton. Lancashire cheese is my absolute favourite, it's crumbly and full of flavour, I could eat cheese on toast every day quite happily.
charliechaplinfan

What a day, a Hallowe'en sleepover party planned and I've had emergency dental treatment, a root canal filling to treat a dying tooth and abcess and now an appointment at the vet for Claude and he has a massive liver tumour, he's happy enough and has come home but the day will come when that trip will have to be made.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

charliechaplinfan wrote:What a day, a Hallowe'en sleepover party planned and I've had emergency dental treatment, a root canal filling to treat a dying tooth and abcess and now an appointment at the vet for Claude and he has a massive liver tumour, he's happy enough and has come home but the day will come when that trip will have to be made.
I will be thinking of you ... I hope you root canal goes well and your beloved Claude too. Please get better :!:
charliechaplinfan

Claude's the first thing we got for our house when we moved in together 17 years ago, he's had a good innings, there is nothing can be done but he's not suffering, not yet. What a day.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Oooh, I am so sorry Alison!Its such sad news about Claude. Give him some love for me.

Is your root canal very painful? I remember my root canal went fine but I developed what they call a dry socket afterwards which did not feel good at all.