Humorous Memes

Chit-chat, current events
jimimac71

Re: Memes

Post by jimimac71 »

Long story, but I spent the Summer of 1974 in Banning, CA.
I use to listen to these guys in the morning on KFI, Los Angeles.
My old party line phone number from the 1960s was 224-1814.
The old number 762-1591 was KNEW 910 in Oakland, CA.
(What did I have for dinner last night?)
Woof! You've Got Mail!
Masha

Post by Masha »

Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
Masha

Post by Masha »

Dargo

Post by Dargo »

GESH, Masha! It's only mid-SEPTEMBER and you're ALREADY breakin' out the Halloween stuff here???!!! ;)

BUT, seein' as how you've brought up Snoopy here, have I ever told ya about the time I was drivin' between L.A. and Kingman Arizona, I saw his brother Spike who as you may know resides in Needles California, standin' on the side of I-40 holdin' this sign?...

(...if not, remind me later to tell ya how that all worked out)
Masha

Post by Masha »

Masha

Post by Masha »

Masha

Post by Masha »

Dargo wrote: September 13th, 2023, 6:44 pm BUT, seein' as how you've brought up Snoopy here, have I ever told ya about the time I was drivin' between L.A. and Kingman Arizona, I saw his brother Spike who as you may know resides in Needles California, standin' on the side of I-40 holdin' this sign?...

give
Masha

Post by Masha »

Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Oooh, now THAT's some eerie stuff there.

Funny though how I can't keep from looking at it.

(...would there be a word for that?...don't think "transfixed" is quite it, but maybe it is)
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

This is just like the airplane being born. How does the big man go inside a door?
Woof! You've Got Mail!
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Masha wrote: September 13th, 2023, 9:43 pm
Dargo wrote: September 13th, 2023, 6:44 pm BUT, seein' as how you've brought up Snoopy here, have I ever told ya about the time I was drivin' between L.A. and Kingman Arizona, I saw his brother Spike who as you may know resides in Needles California, standin' on the side of I-40 holdin' this sign?...

give
Well in that case, here goes...

The following all took place (uh-huh, yeah, sure) about four or five years ago and before all that Covid stuff hit us.

I had just left Barstow California heading east on I-40 and after stopping for gas and a cone of Fosters Freeze (you ain't lived 'til you've enjoyed some of their delicious malty flavored soft serve ice cream from this old California-only fast food chain...makes that Dairy Queen stuff the rest of the country has, taste like nothin'...

...ah, but I digress) and about ten or so miles out of this windswept barren little Mojave Desert town and while reaching for my truck's radio to find a new and stronger signal FM station playing Classic Rock, there he appeared on the side of the road.

Now, at first I thought it might be a coyote, but the closer I got to him it became clearer and clearer that he was actually a Beagle, and yeah, wearing a hat and holding up a sign that read "Needles". And so figuring I was headed through that town which sits along the Colorado River and the border of California and Arizona anyway, I decided to help the little guy out and give him a lift there.

After I pulled over, he pointed with his left front paw to the bed of my truck that I had my ol' classic Triumph motorcycle strapped into (I was comin' back from that yearly British motorcycle rally I've attended for some 30 years now in SoCal...ah, but I digress again) and if as to ask if I wanted him to ride back there with my bike, but I instead reached over and opened the passenger door and waved him toward the cab of my truck. Figured he might be good company for the next couple of hours it would take to get to Needles.

Well, I soon would discover that he wasn't much of a conversationalist, and so all we pretty much did was listen to music on the radio (he really got into it and started barking along to the song "Who Let The Dogs Out" when it come on...those being the only sounds he made the whole time) and when we got to that Chevron station in Needles, he pointed to it (with his right paw this time) and so I pulled into it and that's where the little guy hopped out the truck, bidded me adieu (can't remember which paw he used for that) and slowly turned and walked away.

(...he forgot to take his sign with him though...didn't notice that until I got home and was cleaning out the truck)
Masha

Post by Masha »

Masha

Post by Masha »

Masha

Post by Masha »