Happy Thanksgiving

Chit-chat, current events
movieman1957
Administrator

Happy Thanksgiving

Post by movieman1957 »

Just a note to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. At the risk of being a bit trite I wanted to thank Jon for providing this place to play and to all of you who make this a fun and interesting place to visit and be a part of.

It's been great how, even with our moments, we have gotten along pretty well. We're concerned for each other and have felt comfortable enough to share things of our lives.

You're a lovely group. Thanks for letting me be part of the gang.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
cinemalover

Post by cinemalover »

Wonderful sentiments Chris that I can only echo.
Chris

The only bad movie is no movie at all.
inglis

yum yum turkey

Post by inglis »

Happy Thanksgiving to all ! Hello Chris make sure you eat lots of Turkey or do you do a ham,anyway my best to all .
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

It really is a pleasure to commune with all of you, and I do appreciate the opportunity. Maybe one of the things I like best is that we talk about all sorts of things, and the exchanges are always well-considered and fun to read.

We are, I'm afraid, having a rather somber Thanksgiving this week; we had to put our beautiful old dog Maggie to sleep recently and it was so devastating. In addition, Nov. 23 is the date we always observed as Maggie's birthday. I think I will have a cheeseburger in her memory on Friday, since we always gave her a cheeseburger (with everything) as a birthday present.

But preparing the Thanksgiving meal without her getting underfoot, hoping I'll drop something she can eat, won't feel quite right. :cry:

Here's to Maggie: a brave heart and a loving soul.
inglis

Post by inglis »

jdb1 wrote:It really is a pleasure to commune with all of you, and I do appreciate the opportunity. Maybe one of the things I like best is that we talk about all sorts of things, and the exchanges are always well-considered and fun to read.

We are, I'm afraid, having a rather somber Thanksgiving this week; we had to put our beautiful old dog Maggie to sleep recently and it was so devastating. In addition, Nov. 23 is the date we always observed as Maggie's birthday. I think I will have a cheeseburger in her memory on Friday, since we always gave her a cheeseburger (with everything) as a birthday present.

But preparing the Thanksgiving meal without her getting underfoot, hoping I'll drop something she can eat, won't feel quite right. :cry:

Here's to Maggie: a brave heart and a loving soul.
Judith I am so sorry to hear of your dog .Afriend of mine just went through this last week ,her dog was 16 .Well that is sad news pets are like our children they are family members my thoughts are with you Judith ,Carol
ken123

Post by ken123 »

Judith,
My first dog was named Maggie. Losing a pet is a terribe thing. About 10 years agao I had to put to sleep two dogs within 2 months !
SSO Admins
Administrator

Post by SSO Admins »

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

This is also a somewhat sad holiday season for me as well, as I've lost some family members this year. I'll be home alone on TDay, but I'll be flying out to see my family at Christmas, so that's all good.
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Carol:

Thanks for stopping by. We sometime do ham and turkey on Thanksgiving. Mo is having dental surgery tomorrow so she won't be having much fun but it's something we've needed to do for her. SHe doesn't mind. She'll be happy to have it over. She turned 17 yesterday.

Judith:

Sorry to hear about your dog. I've been married 23 years and I've been through it four times. The last time was the worst as we lost the only dog my children had known.

Jon:

I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Most definite Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

Sorry to hear about the sad things, but glad to thank jon for this site also. I know how you feel about the family dwindling down. In four years I've lost Mom, Dad, my daughter, and my favorite Aunt. With my son in CA and the two emergency funeral trips he's had to make in the past 1-1/2 years, he can't come home, and my other son is across the state, and with IL being laid out the way it is, he may as well be in Idaho. At least my youngest daughter is here but she promised the kids to their Dad, so it'll just be her and me, but we're going up to Indiana to visit her aunt, my ex-sister-in-law (a work widow), so who knows, may be a great holiday!

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
Bogie

Post by Bogie »

Happy US Thanksgiving. I hope you all have a wonderful time with your family and friends :D
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

Sorry to hear about Maggie, Judith. My wife and I are dealing with 2 sick animals right now, so I understand your feelings. Sometimes it's not how long they live, but the quality of life they have. You did the right thing in not letting her suffer and giving her a great home.

Happy Thanksgiving.
melwalton

thanksgiving

Post by melwalton »

Just want to add my best wishes to all and say I"m sorry about all those sad things. This is a wonderful site with so many nice people. ..... mel
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

Happy Thanksgiving to all! I enjoy our discussions, and learning about each other's likes and dislikes, and how we relate to each other through
classic film exchanges.

A wish for everyone to have safe travels, wonderful family meals, and moments to cherish with loved ones.
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
CharlieT

Post by CharlieT »

I'd just like to add my wishes for a joyful and safe holiday to all here. And for those of you who live where a celebration of Thanksgiving falls elsewhere on the calendar, may you have a happy Thursday. :D
"I'm at my most serious when I'm joking." - Dudley

Don't sweat the petty things - don't pet the sweaty things.