Who's stupider?

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
klondike

Who's stupider?

Post by klondike »

Just found the story following below, on-line.
Not as open-and-shut a situation as I thought at first!
Although I still stand, artistically, in the Director's corner, I got to say, he's being such a pompously reactionary ass, I tend to think he might be creating most of the stink that he's decrying!
Then again, does he really feel genuinely compelled to defend his work, and challenge his detractors, or is it just an attempt to use the international "blogosphere" as the ultimate publicity mill?
And if it is at all genuine, in any viable aspect, who's coming off looking more STUPID- them, or him?
Or ourselves, for even wondering?!!

Haters Demand A Controversial Director Quit
April 19, 2008, 7:53 PM EST
By Jeff Sneider
Variety

Infamous movie filmmaker Uwe Boll may have been unstoppable when he fought five of his Web critics in a series of publicity-generating boxing matches in 2006, but the Internet could wind up with the last laugh.

The controversial director of "Bloodrayne" and the upcoming "Postal" was recently interviewed by FEARnet.com, which informed the German filmmaker of an online petition to get him to stop making movies. Boll scoffed at the then-18,000 signatures and said he would only quit the business if 1 million people signed.

After the story was picked up by the online media, haters rallied to the effort, and as of April 16, the petition had grown to more than 205,000 signatures.

Not to be outdone, Boll took to YouTube in a profanity-laced tirade urging his fans to start their own petition in support of his work. That effort has garnered more than 4,400 signatures.

"If you really look at my movies you will see my real genius and if you go on May 23 (to) 'Postal' you will see that I deliver a movie what nobody else delivered in the last 10 years," the helmer promises.

One thing's for sure: You won't find Michael Bay, Eli Roth or George Clooney in the audience. Boll insulted all three filmmakers in the clip before declaring himself "the only genius in the whole 'bleeping' business."

Though Boll triumphed in the ring, he may find himself on the losing end of the battle when "Postal" opens. It's up against a little film called "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
."
klondike

Post by klondike »

¡Ciao! Patsy wrote: Oops, I said I wouldn't rant...
You go right ahead & rant, my friend; done intelligently, I feel ranting is one of our truest remaining hallmarks of what Ayn Rand dubbed the Individual Mind!
Springboarding off the inspiration of your avatar, how do you feel St. Orson would have handled the potentialities of our modern media, had his era been a tad longer, and/or technologically more advanced?
Would he feel that the intermeshing of on-line communities made us all "the third Man"?
What aspects would he ignore, which would he utilize, and how do you think he'd choose to manipulate his consumers' opinions? :roll: