I don't know how to say this...

Chit-chat, current events
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Hollis:

Having minor arthritis in my back and knees, I have a very small, idea of what you go through, and I regret any irritation I may have caused you with my own whining and complaints. Please take care, we will all think of you, and try to tune in once in a while so we can at least send you occasional p/ms to learn of any new events.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

Our Dear Friend,

I hope that even if you can't type you can keep reading, and remember that we will be keeping you in mind in all our discussions, and all the other nonsense we like to indulge in. It is a pleasure to know you, even second-hand.

With my very best wishes,
Judith
Ann Harding

Post by Ann Harding »

Dear Hollis, I really hope you'll be able to find a new treatment which will lower your pain... You are in my thoughts! I hope you'll be able to come back soon... :wink:
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

You will be back. And in the meantime, you'll be with us and we with you.
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
Hollis

Post by Hollis »

I'm forcing myself to do this at whatever the cost. If the lot of you aren't the best group of people I've ever had the pleasure to encounter, then I don't know who is. It may only be once or twice a week that I can make myself sit here, but rest assured I will. I'm not typically an overly emotional person, but I'm fighting through the tears to get this written. I don't want to sound maudlin, but every last one of you has touched my heart, and for that I'll never be able to repay you. My deepest hope is that none of you will ever have to deal with what I'm going through. Stay well, be safe, and most importantly, be happy.

As always,

Your faithful correspondent, Hollis
cinemalover

Post by cinemalover »

Glad you were able to check the messages Hollis. They are all from the heart. Let's face it, you're stuck with us!
Chris

The only bad movie is no movie at all.
Hollis

Post by Hollis »

Dear Chris,

Just try and pry me loose!

Fondly and as always,

Hollis
Hollis

Post by Hollis »

Earlier, I made mention of several people who I've grown exceptionally close to through SSO. If I failed to mention you by name, It was purely an oversight on my part. I've received good wishes from Paris, France, Sweden, Texas, California, New York, Vermont, Kansas and too many others to remember. What can I say except God bless you. With encouragement like yours, I have no choice but to keep hoping for an end to all this. Again, my eternal thanks. You really are the best!

With the utmost respect and affection,

I remain (I hope) your friend,

Hollis
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

It's nice to know we can help.

I'm glad you'll be able to post a couple of times a week, that way we can keep in touch.

In the in between times take care.

Alison
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
SSO Admins
Administrator

Post by SSO Admins »

Dude, take care of yourself. I'll be thinking of you. And you're always welcome here.
Hollis

Post by Hollis »

I haven't been able to stop thinking of you and all the wonderful things you've said. I only hope I'm deserving of at least some of them. One thing is certain, you have in fact made me feel a part of our big extended family here at SSO. I would be remiss if I didn't thank you one by one. So - to Chris (Cinemalover,) Lynn, Dewey, Chris (Movieman1957,) Alison, Nancy, Bogie, Moira, JohnM, Synnove, Mr. Arkadin, Kevin, Pat, Klondike (Mon Frer,) Anne, Judith, Ann Harding, ChiO and Jondaris, thanks for taking me in and making me feel at home.

I'll be in touch ASAP,

Hollis
silentscreen

Post by silentscreen »

Dear Hollis,

Take care and try to keep your chin up! I'll be praying that you find your way over this hurdle too. I'm sure you've run the gauntlet over many in the past.

Sincerely,

Brenda
"Humor is nothing less than a sense of the fitness of things." Carole Lombard