More on Morlocks

Discussion of programming on TCM.
jdb1

More on Morlocks

Post by jdb1 »

Morlockjeff or is it Jeffmorlock, has a recent entry that discusses the Russian fantasy film Ivan Morovets. Now, I could have sworn I saw that one on Mystery Science Theater 3000. Am I dreaming? Does anyone else remember seeing it on MST3K? I remember the movie as being a fine example of the MST3K genre. In other words, it was pretty awful.
Mr. O'Brady

Post by Mr. O'Brady »

Sorry, Judith. I'm the only person left alive that's never seen MST.
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

shhh! scoot over a little, Pat, and pass the popcorn...I've never seen it either. :lol: :lol:
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Me too, neither. I remember walking through the living room and seeing some sort of space people in the front lower portion of the TV screen in silouhette watching an old movie, but until recently when someone explained MST to me, I wasn't aware that was what I had seen.

Anne
[/quote][/code][/list]
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
SSO Admins
Administrator

Post by SSO Admins »

It was episode 617 under its US release title, The Sword and the Dragon. I was just watching this on my iPod last week.

The MST3K version is on YouTube in 10 segments, beginning here.

Great episode. One of my favorites.
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

Thanks, Jon. I'll take a look when I have more time. I'm remembering the deep, supposedly Russian voices of the dubbing actors -- probably Paul Fees and Marvin Miller.

I just don't use YouTube to its fullest potential. When I'm on the site, I can never think of anything to look up if someone else doesn't prompt me. I guess I'm still mired in the 20th Century!