Kylie Minogue OBE

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
stuart.uk

Kylie Minogue OBE

Post by stuart.uk »

Yesterday many in the UK, myself included were delighted to see 40-yr-old Aussie songbird Kylie Minogue recieve an OBE from Prince Charles, a couple of yrs since her victory over breast cancer.

Though not as well known in America as she is in Europe Kylie in my opinion was one of the best female singers in the worldwith hits like I Should Be So Lucky. She reminds me in style, but not in voice to Judy Garland, wearing similiar stage costumes to the great Hollywood star.

Kylie as a kid featured in childrens show The Henderson Kids in Austraila. Then in her teens she got her big break as Charlene Ramsey in Neighbours, playing Anne Charleston's daughter. By the time Kylie had joined the Aussie show Neighbours had been a day time hit in the UK for a couple of yrs. The main theme of Charlene's stay in the show was her long term romance and eventual marriage to Scott Robinson, played by future West-End musical stage star Jason Donavon (Joseph). Kylie has made a few movies over the yrs as well like The Delinquents, Moulin Rouge as The Green Fairy and supplying the voice of Florence in the movie version of The Magic Roudabout and the sequel Dougal

I was amused when Kylie did An Audience With (performing in front of Brit celebrities) concert. It had been 10 to 20 yrs since she'd left neighbours, but her screen mum Anne, who had recently been killed off, said jokingly to her during questions, 'You couldn't even come to your mother's funeral'

Last Christamas Kylie played leading lady Asdrid to David Tennant's Doctor Who in a special Voyage Of The Damned, where she lost her life saving both him the Earth. Her sister Danielle, also a singer, is a judge along with Louis Walsh and new girl Cheryl Crow (replacing Sharon Osbourne) in Simon Cowells talent show The X Factor

Neil Diamond was the last performer to do An Audience With, singing and anwsering questions. Others include to name but a few

Dudley Moore, Mel Brooks, Joan Rivers, Des O'Conner, Shirley Bassey, The Bee Gees, Lulu, Cliff Richard, Ken Dodd and Donny Osmond
Synnove

Post by Synnove »

No one in my family has ever liked that kind of music, but she seems to be the exception. Maybe it's because she sang the murder ballads with Nick Cave. Anyway, good for her!