The whiny thread

Chit-chat, current events
charliechaplinfan

Re: The whiny thread

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Of course :wink: He won't think that when he gets the Xmas credit card bill :roll: I'll just have to pay it and file it away.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
charliechaplinfan

I feel so sad and deflated. A friend I had had for years but had moved out of our orbit due to her divorce and her hubby being Chris's friend has died, of cancer. Aged 38, she never thought it fair on her ex to keep friends with us because it would have been too upsetting for him. I found out about an hour ago, there was a never a more fun loving, sporty girl. Ah, why does God take the good ones too early?
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Oh, I'm so sorry, Alison. It always seems that the best people go too soon.
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

what sad news, Alison. We are never ready to let our friends go, are we? so sorry.
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I hope there is comfort in the place she had in your life.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
charliechaplinfan

Thank you all, it's such a shock, nobody was fitter and more into sport, she wasn't a fanatic about fitness or anything like that, just a girl who enjoyed hockey and having a good time and someone you wished you could be health and fitness wise. How ironic? She was 3 years younger than me and when we used to mate around together, before children she was the baby of our group and someone I'd thought of getting in touch with again, I was just waiting for the right moment, let that be a lesson to me. So fun loving and cheerful with a good word for everyone, that's how I'll remember her. God does seem to pick the best ones.
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

We've been to three wakes...and missed two that we should have gone to...since Christmas.

Not to mention the loss of the "best person" at our wedding (Mrs. ChiO's best friend and her roommate before me) in October.

The curse of being old...and alive.
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

we are planning a class reunion (high school) and in the past 10 years we have lost 20 classmates. You're right ChiO..the fact (rather than curse) of being old and being alive.
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

I'm sorry to hear of your friend's passing Alison. News like that burns a hole through your heart. I hope time can heal it and you can think back to those good times you had with her. I'm sorry.
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

So sorry to hear of your loss, Allison. It is often in hindsight that we recognize missed opportunities, but cherishing fond memories is how we heal.
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

I feel sad about the loss of your dear friend who was three years younger than you. I will be thinking of you in this time of passing of your wonderful friend here.
charliechaplinfan

Thank you all and my commiserations to everyone else who is suffering from losing close friends. My grandma used to read the obituaries in the local paper, now my parents read the obituaries and they feel keenly everytime they see a name they know and when it was a school friend, I know what goes through their mind.

God grant peace for all our lost friends gone too soon. Amen.
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

charliechaplinfan wrote:Thank you all and my commiserations to everyone else who is suffering from losing close friends. My grandma used to read the obituaries in the local paper, now my parents read the obituaries and they feel keenly everytime they see a name they know and when it was a school friend, I know what goes through their mind.

God grant peace for all our lost friends gone too soon. Amen.
And for those left behind who mourn.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

CineMaven wrote: News like that burns a hole through your heart.
charliechaplinfan wrote:Thank you all and my commiserations to everyone else who is suffering from losing close friends. My grandma used to read the obituaries in the local paper, now my parents read the obituaries and they feel keenly everytime they see a name they know and when it was a school friend, I know what goes through their mind. God grant peace for all our lost friends gone too soon. Amen.
movieman1957 wrote:And for those left behind who mourn.
amen to all.
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

Amen to all prayers expressed.
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor