Gil Grissom says Good-bye to CSI

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
Lzcutter
Administrator

Gil Grissom says Good-bye to CSI

Post by Lzcutter »

It goes without saying that it is one of my favorite shows even though most of it is not shot in Las Vegas and many of the actors can't pronounce Nevada correctly.

But the original CSI has always been one of my faves. I have always like William Peterson and the supporting cast was always good.

That said....

It was a good farewell.

Laurence Fishburne waits in the wings to take over beginning next week and the story line is set up for the duck of water to earn the respect of the team that Grissom trained.

Tonight's farewell episode reminded us long-time viewers that one of the reasons we watched the show for the last nine years was for the team spirit that was built up over those years.

And now with Grissom moving on, what will happen to that spirit?

*****************SPOILER ALERT*********************

But they kept the surprise at the end, a surprise. No mention in the credits and I somehow remained spoiler-free so I got to get a bit teary-eyed when Grissom was tramping through the Rain Forest only to find Sara there at the end of the journey.

I'll be tuning next week to see how the team begins to accept Laurence Fishburne as their new boss.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Now that you mention it - how do you say it? Like "ah" or like "add"

The "ah" sounds more lyrical.

As far as the show goes I have only watched it occasionally through the last several years. Some things I wonder about are why the unit has some much involvement in questioning witnesses. (It makes for better drama.) Why is it so dark in the office? I like it and wish I could get mine that dark.

I much prefer this show to the other CSI variations.

Dick Wolf (Law and Order) showed that changing cast members is not the end as much as a chance at a new beginning, Here's hoping.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

I was a fan until my schedule changed and I had to work on Thursday night. Then I just never went back. I did mean to watch this final (Gil) episode though. I'll have to watch for the re-run. So, they borrowed Margolies and Clooney's surprise reunion from ER, huh?

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************