Critical reminder: Tonight, on USA!

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
klondike

Critical reminder: Tonight, on USA!

Post by klondike »

Folks, I know that the economy's tanking (and with my business, my house & my income getting dragged nearer the ax every day, few folks know it better!), and it is being a weird & dismal winter, but please bear in mind that tonight's the night for Part II of this year's Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, wherein the Working Group will be shown & judged.
And we all know which native American breed that group includes, now don't we?!!
Trust me, I know how good the Fringe series over on Fox is, I follow it myself . .
And I'm aware of the glorious, stirring, romantic selections on TCM tonight . .
But please, at least consider tuning in to the WKC Dog Show on the USA network, and cheering for the King of the Working Dogs, figurehead of the flag of the Yukon Territory, the Workhorse of the Alaskan Goldrush, the former law enforcement companion to the North West Mounted Police . .
klondike

Post by klondike »

HUZZAH!

We took third place in the Working Group!

(We should've took 1st, but 3rd is better than we usually do!)

Of course, these dog-show Mals always look just slightly too small to me . . which I guess I should expect as they are all Kotzebue strain, with very little of the M'Loot bloodlines in evidence, and virtually nothing of the Wakon strain . . but gosh, how beautiful, nonetheless!
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

So just where do they dig up these "Gosh, I don't know anything about dogs!" co-hosts?

I suppose in this day and age of non-education, it's getting easier to find them. I thought the woman asking the dumb questions last night was a man until I saw her on camera (and even then I wasn't sure). She was almost as fatuous and clueless as Fred Willard's character in Best of Show. Sheesh!

Bring back Joe Garagiola (and Ron Reagan, while you're at it)!
klondike

Post by klondike »

I agree with you 100% on that, Judith!
I always enjoyed RR, and in particular, Joe Garagiola was delightful, very knowledgeable, and yet absolutely candid, and warmly "shirtsleeve" about sharing that knowledge and getting people better educated.