The Domestic CAT: Feline at its finest!

Chit-chat, current events
Dargo

Re: The Domestic CAT: Feline at its finest!

Post by Dargo »

jamesjazzguitar wrote: November 13th, 2023, 8:27 pm
ElCid wrote: November 13th, 2023, 5:09 pm If you missed it, Eddie Muller said that cats were the perfect Noir animal in his intro to this weeks Noir Alley. As the "servant" of several cats, I agree with him. You can find his intros and outros (?) on YouTube.
I find it interesting that a guy that had a career in the military would have several cats instead of dogs. The reason being dogs are more likely to be obedient and take-orders while cats are known for being overly independent.
And knowing Cid as we do here James, as a man who one could rightly say has always impressed with his bent toward independent thought, I find it interesting that you didn't take this into consideration before stating this. ;)

(...nope, our old friend Cid here has never come across to me anyway as one inclined to happily conform to a stereotype)
jamesjazzguitar

Post by jamesjazzguitar »

Dargo wrote: November 13th, 2023, 9:00 pm
ElCid wrote: November 13th, 2023, 5:09 pm If you missed it, Eddie Muller said that cats were the perfect Noir animal in his intro to this weeks Noir Alley. As the "servant" of several cats, I agree with him. You can find his intros and outros (?) on YouTube.
I find it interesting that a guy that had a career in the military would have several cats instead of dogs. The reason being dogs are more likely to be obedient and take-orders while cats are known for being overly independent.
And knowing Cid as we do here James, as a man who one could rightly say has always impressed with his bent toward independent thought, I find it interesting that you didn't take this into consideration before stating this. ;)

(...nope, our old friend Cid here has never come across to me anyway as one inclined to happily conform to a stereotype)
I didn't make my point well with the use of "interesting", since I didn't mean to imply I was surprised. Yes, Cid is clearly his own man and based on our interactions with him has always shown an independent side and thus it isn't any surprise that he didn't conform to a stereotype. My hat is off to him! (well if I had a hat!).
ziggy6708a

Post by ziggy6708a »

Aawwwwww .... :smiley_heartbounce: :)
was "mr6666" @ TCM
ziggy6708a

Post by ziggy6708a »

:lol:
was "mr6666" @ TCM
ElCid

Post by ElCid »

Actually we had a dog first, but then cats showed up and we kept them. Then some more showed up or we adopted from friends who could no longer care for them.
Later inherited another dog and had him for five years. While cats are independent, they are also less bother. I do not miss getting up at 7 AM and first thing is to walk the dog regardless of rain and cold. Then do it again in afternoon and again at 10 PM. Property not amenable to fencing. Also, the every other month or so visit to groomers.
As for as giving orders, doesn't work with my wife, so doubt it would work with dogs or cats anyway. :lol: Based on my experience not sure it works all that well with dogs either. Have a friend who has a Retriever who has been to school twice and he still does not obey very well.
recently read where Marlon Brando, Sean Connery and Steve McQueen "loved cats."
Do miss the dogs though, but not enough to get another one. I'm too old and decrepit. :D
The car is a 1958 De Soto Fireflite Sportsman hardtop.
Masha

Post by Masha »

Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

Gee Swithin, reminds me of a film with Judy Garland and Robert Goulet.
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

Is that a candle or are you just happy to see me?
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

jimimac71 wrote: November 21st, 2023, 10:01 pm Is that a candle or are you just happy to see me?
LOL, I didn't notice that, until you pointed it out! I better post another one.

Masha

Post by Masha »

Does this remind anyone of one user's avatar?

ziggy6708a

Post by ziggy6708a »

:lol:
was "mr6666" @ TCM
Masha

Post by Masha »

Last edited by Masha on February 5th, 2024, 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

Sleeping Kitty.jpeg
Sleeping Kitty.jpeg (21.52 KiB) Viewed 546 times