What are you listening to?

Chit-chat, current events
LawrenceA

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by LawrenceA »

Thompson wrote: February 16th, 2023, 1:08 pm Killer song. Impossibly good.
I have to disagree. It appears to be entirely possible.
Watching until the end.
norfious

Post by norfious »

Today I ran across these Future Funk gems that I surprisingly had not heard before. I really am enjoying them!

_Broadway_ from the TCM forums.
Andree

Post by Andree »

Thompson wrote: February 16th, 2023, 1:08 pm
Killer song. Impossibly good.
When you only put out one album, the songs better be good and for the most part they were.
Every man has a right to an umbrella.~Dostoyevsky
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

I bad mouth Eric Clapton every chance I get. He’s pansy looking, wears pansy pants, can’t really sing, and plays a second rate white boy guitar. But, that’s a good song. “I’m wasted and I can’t find my way home.”
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

That’s the song that Laffite is singing to the cops when they roll him out of the gutter and put him back on the sidewalk, without his shoes and sandwich, before they take him down to central lockup and hear his lame story about Thompson and other hallucinations.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

I offered sanctuary, and guidance in his time of need, but no, he had to do it his own way and now he’s in jail. I guess what we all have to do now is make those placards that read “Free Laffite,” and march around outside the jail house and sing protest songs. “You can’t do this to Laffite / All he wanted was a bite to eat / He fell down in the gutter sure / but you would have too / if you didn’t have no shoes.” Then we will all chant — Free Laffite Free Laffite Attica Attica.
Andree

Post by Andree »

Thompson wrote: February 16th, 2023, 10:19 pm I bad mouth Eric Clapton every chance I get. He’s pansy looking, wears pansy pants, can’t really sing, and plays a second rate white boy guitar. But, that’s a good song. “I’m wasted and I can’t find my way home.”
One problem is that the song was written and sung by Eric's fellow pansy Steve Winwood. I've always liked Clapton. He does change his
appearance quite often and even wore an Afro for a short time when he was with Cream. He's put out some pretty good albums over
the years. (Well, good albums for a pansy).

When I want a franchise sandwich full of meat/Jersey Mike's is my go to treat.

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Oh Andree, you’ve eaten a Jersey Mike’s? There really is such a place? I thought it was like Red Lobster, all ads and no place. It does look good on TV, Jersey Mike’s, not too pansy. Now that one joint, Long John Silver is a pansy place for sure. You order the Long John fish and you end up with a chicken leg. It’s not hard to tell the difference between a piece of fried fish and a fried chicken leg, the bone kind of gives it away.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

And, I happen to be president of the Pansies Lives Matter chapter here in New Orleans. Blind Faith is our go to pansy band, but there are plenty others. Our goal, our mission, in the Pansies Lives Matter organization is to keep the cry baby and wimpier alive, to give him/her support and recommend pansy restaurants and sit ins and protests and stuff like that there. Now, us pansies are not men and women of action. We take the mail in and that’s about it, so the sit ins and protests might be, probably will be, too much for us, but you can catch us on our Blog anyway at Pansies Lives Matter.org.
Detective Jim McLeod

Post by Detective Jim McLeod »

The Notorious Byrd Brothers by The Byrds-Jan 1968

Many changes happened on this 5th Byrds album. Jim McGuinn changed his first name to Roger, Crosby was fired from the group, drummer Michael Clarke played on a few tracks and also left. After 4 great albums this one seemed like a disappointment to me. The first song, "Artificial Energy" has a loud horn arrangement which drowns out the voices. A Goffin-King song "Goin' Back" is an Ok song with nice harmony but I miss Crosby's voice. Crosby co wrote "Draft Morning" with the other two band members and it is one of the better tracks, about a young man being drafted into the military. Another Goffin/King song is "Wasn't Born To Follow" is another good one. "Get To You" and "Change Is Now" some OK melodies but the voices are overpowered by the instrumentation again. "Old John Robertson" is pretty good country tune. The last 3 songs are more sound effects and instruments in which you can't hear the lyrics.
Andree

Post by Andree »

Thompson wrote: February 17th, 2023, 1:23 am Oh Andree, you’ve eaten a Jersey Mike’s? There really is such a place? I thought it was like Red Lobster, all ads and no place. It does look good on TV, Jersey Mike’s, not too pansy. Now that one joint, Long John Silver is a pansy place for sure. You order the Long John fish and you end up with a chicken leg. It’s not hard to tell the difference between a piece of fried fish and a fried chicken leg, the bone kind of gives it away.
There are actual Jersey's Mike's sub shops. I think they're in most states in the U.S., but maybe not all. They are mostly take out
places because there are only about five or so tables in the one I go to get take out and they're not all occupied. They cut the
meats right in front of you and they don't just peel off the cold cuts as Subway does. Their sandwiches are most excellent, on a
par with Blimpie. But they should get rid of Danny DeVito as their spokesman. Who wants that little runt whispering around while
there's a delicious sub within reach. Creepy. I don't like seafood very much, so I've never been to LJS or RL.
Andree

Post by Andree »

Thompson wrote: February 17th, 2023, 2:06 am And, I happen to be president of the Pansies Lives Matter chapter here in New Orleans. Blind Faith is our go to pansy band, but there are plenty others. Our goal, our mission, in the Pansies Lives Matter organization is to keep the cry baby and wimpier alive, to give him/her support and recommend pansy restaurants and sit ins and protests and stuff like that there. Now, us pansies are not men and women of action. We take the mail in and that’s about it, so the sit ins and protests might be, probably will be, too much for us, but you can catch us on our Blog anyway at Pansies Lives Matter.org.
It's not a tough job, but somebody has to do it. Traffic, The Move, Incredible String Band, Beach Boys, ELO, The Kinks, Curved Air, et al.
There are more pansy bands out there then you can shake a stick at. And of course Clapton.

Allhallowsday

Post by Allhallowsday »

Thompson wrote: February 17th, 2023, 2:06 am And, I happen to be president of the Pansies Lives Matter chapter here in New Orleans. Blind Faith is our go to pansy band, but there are plenty others. Our goal, our mission, in the Pansies Lives Matter organization is to keep the cry baby and wimpier alive, to give him/her support and recommend pansy restaurants and sit ins and protests and stuff like that there. Now, us pansies are not men and women of action. We take the mail in and that’s about it, so the sit ins and protests might be, probably will be, too much for us, but you can catch us on our Blog anyway at Pansies Lives Matter.org.
You are interesting. Is that a pansy on the cover of BLIND FAITH?
sagebrush

Post by sagebrush »

Stan Jones- Ghost Riders In The Sky