Jdb1 is MIA?

Chit-chat, current events
moira finnie
Administrator

Jdb1 is MIA?

Post by moira finnie »

Has anyone heard from Judith aka jdb1? I miss her salty posts but I'm hoping she's just off on a vacation.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
movieman1957
Administrator

Re: Jdb1 is MIA?

Post by movieman1957 »

I see she was on Saturday but that is an unusually long time for her. I haven't heard anything.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
klondike

Post by klondike »

We may indeed have reason for concern; as a matter of routine, I bait her by name in 2 - 4 posts a week, on average, whether she's posting on a thread or not.
And lately . . . nada! :?
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

She's taken a week's vacation, and is also observing Yom Kippur, and another holiday which falls on Weds (today) I believe.
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

Nope, Yom Kippur was this past Monday. And no vacation for me -- once again my infernal ears are giving me trouble, and I've been sick abed since Sunday. Hard to stay online when you can't even keep enough balance to sit up at your laptop.

Thanks to you all for your concern -- I'm touched, really. Feeling somewhat better today (well enough to sit on the couch this morning and watch Somewhere in the Night on Fox). Monty the Cat has been taking very solicitous care of me all this time -- sitting on my stomach and purring to keep me warm, and putting his paw on my arm for comfort. Also, drinking from my bedside glass of water at every opportunity. I think he's counting on the healing properties of catspit to get me through this.

Hope to be up and running, soon.

Thanks again. Judith
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

From someone else is under the weather (although not as bad as you're suffering) the healing qualities of cat spit are hit and miss but the purring warmth of a loving cat, that never misses.

Get well soon

Alison
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
klondike

Post by klondike »

Now, Ladies, I'm not officially contesting any aspect of the purported feline-psychic healing prowess, but how do you suppose the Inuits and Amerind tribes of Alaska survived & even thrived in such a savagely brutal climate for over 5,000 years . . . . with not a single domestic cat closer than ten thousand miles . . yet in daily proximity to their magnificent Alaskan Malamutes?
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
charliechaplinfan

Well, they coped as best they could until the domestic cat came along :wink:

What do people without pets do for love and warmth when they are under the weather and sorry for themselves?
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

They just curl up and.... no I can't say it.

I certainly couldn't get by without my beloved dogs -they have gotten me through some tough times, illness and emotional upheaval. I am just glad you two have your pets with you, spit aside. And I am glad you are not MIA.....
silentscreen

Post by silentscreen »

Feel better soon Judith and Alison! I'll never forget an ear infection I got as a child while visiting my grandparents. My Mom had to come get me- the pain was horrible! Mom and the heating pad to the ear to the rescue!
"Humor is nothing less than a sense of the fitness of things." Carole Lombard
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

I'm so sorry to read that both Judith and Alison are ill. Please tell those kitties to keep you all warm and loved until you have the strength to face the SSO again. We miss you when you're not here.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
klondike

Post by klondike »

moirafinnie wrote: We miss you when you're not here.
What she said, only underline it with an Indian Brown Crayola crayon. :(
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Judith:

What have your symptoms been? I have run a low grade fever, chills to the bone - I can't get warm no matter how much I wrap up in afghans, and sweat shirts, ache all over like my first husband came to visit and knocked me around like he used to do, and no appetite AT ALL. I literally force myself to eat to avoid getting weaker. And this has been all week.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
charliechaplinfan

I'm feeling quite a bit better today. Mine was a virus that just makes you so tired if you try to do anything. I've managed to stand up for more than 5 minutes at a time, it's a big improvement.

I remember my ear infection when i was little. Last year Chris had an ear infection and I have never known him so ill. My sympathy Judith, hope you get better very soon.

One of my kitties is very relaxing but the other 4 month old kitten has better ideas, curtain climbing, scrambling over my window bottoms and using my legs for a pin cushion, one that he jumps on from a distance.
feaito

Post by feaito »

Judith & Alison, I wish you both a speedy and complete recovery. I'm going to be out during the weekend....I'll be celebrating 16 years of marriage to my lovely, first-rate wife. :D