The Anne Frank Video

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
moira finnie
Administrator

The Anne Frank Video

Post by moira finnie »

Prior to her family's going into hiding to avoid the concentration camps where Anne Frank's family would have been sent by the Nazis occupying The Netherlands, this video was taken. It is the only known moving image of Anne. There is something so touching about this growing girl's eagerness to see life going by beneath her window. I think that you will find it easy to spot her leaning out of the balcony.

Here's the description of this film given by Anne Frank House:
July 22 1941. The girl next door is getting married. Anne Frank is leaning out of the window of her house in Amsterdam to get a good look at the bride and groom. It is the only time Anne Frank has ever been captured on film. At the time of her wedding, the bride lived on the second floor at Merwedeplein 39. The Frank family lived at number 37, also on the second floor. The Anne Frank House can offer you this film footage thanks to the cooperation of the couple.
[youtube][/youtube]
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
mrsl

Re: The Anne Frank Video

Post by mrsl »

Anything having to do with Anne Frank melts me into a pool of blubbery goo. The first time I saw the movie, was at High School. Once a year they had a movie for us to see, and this year it was The Diary of Anne Frank. Lord what a mess! Not a dry eye, nor a piece of tissue anywhere. The second time, I was alone with one of my babies watching it at like 2:00 a.m. and again I cried so much, I kept the baby awake. I swore that time, I would never watch, or read anything else about that poor child. Even now my eyes are tearing up. It was years before I watched Sophie's Choice, although I didn't know what the 'choice' was. When I found out, I turned off the video without ever knowing the ending of the movie, but knowing the circumstances, I wonder what I would do, I can't even possibly think about it.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************