Grace Returns Tonight!

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
klondike

Grace Returns Tonight!

Post by klondike »

On TNT, tonight, at 10PM, Holly Hunter, Leon Rippy, and all the members of the Hanadarko clan & the Oklahoma City Detective Squad return in the first of the final nine episodes of "Saving Grace".
At least, final for TNT.
But with so many other cable/satellite stations, like FX & Bravo & Showtime, who can say what the future holds for this unique & exciting series? :idea:
movieman1957
Administrator

Re: Grace Returns Tonight!

Post by movieman1957 »

I would imagine Bravo is out of the question. There isn't an upscale housewife or floundering restaurant or crazy clothes designer in sight that I know of.

A&E may not work because nobody hoards anything or has an illegally parked car or needs Dog the Bounty Hunter. Is Grace in rehab?

USA or FX would seem to be a fit.

I watched one early on but never followed up with it.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
klondike

Post by klondike »

movieman1957 wrote:
Is Grace in rehab?
Nope, Detective Grace Hanadarko continues to be at peace with her chain-smoking, hard-drinking, polygamous, kindhearted, lapsed Catholic self, bless her.
No doubt a certain angel named Earl would prefer she renounce her vices, but that would make it a whole 'nother kind of show, and one I'm not sure I'd be interested in watching. :roll: :| :roll:
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Klondike:

I watched Saving Grace not last season but the one before and was pretty much hooked for a time, I even recommended it for people who liked action movies/TV shows, but after about 5 episodes, Holly Hunter, as Grace, started to become too 'sloppy' to me. Other women play tough ladies who are ruthless and fearless, but they still maintain a feminine aura about them, like Mary McCormack of In Plain Sight. But Holly, with her man's muscular arms, stringy hair always flying around like Pigpen in Peanuts, and boyish figure in levis just got to me after a while. I don't mind men who get grimy when 'fighting crime' but Grace always looks like she needs a bath, even when she's just stepped out of one! - which has happened on more than one occasion. So I've just slipped over to the likes of Temperance Brennan (Bones), and Det. Beckett (Castle) for my lady crime fighters. I just remembered, the toughest of them all is Ziva (NCIS) and she always looks great. My younger son would probably disagree with me though, because he thinks skinny girls, built like boys, are sexy. I can't believe how two brothers can be so different.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************