Fav Law & Order Character

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
ken123

Fav Law & Order Character

Post by ken123 »

Not just the original, but any of its spin offs.
movieman1957
Administrator

Re: Fav Law & Order Character

Post by movieman1957 »

My favorites live in the original series. On the "Law" side was "Lenny" - Jerry Orbach. On the "Order" side maybe "Claire" - Jill Hennessey.

I have a particular fondness for Stephen Hill (Adam Schiff.) He played lovable, fatherly, cranky and political expert all at the same time. One of my favorite scenes of his was, one of the few times we got to see their personal lives, his wife had a stroke and they took her off life support. You never saw her but only saw his face. He let out a small but audible groan and his eyes dropped but not a word was said. You only hear the beep of the machine. It was a sad and tender moment.

I really liked most of the cast members. They were uniformly good. The characters were passionate and dedicated. The only one I can say I didn't like was Diane Wiest. She just seemed to be going through the motions. I know she wasn't but there wasn't any spark.

There were some great unknown actors go through that show.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
klondike

Post by klondike »

Lt. Anita Van Buren, hands down.
I have had a lotta fun with Lenny Briscoe, and stood in admiration of the hard-knuckle integrity of Gorman & Eames, and heard some great banter down the years between Munch & Tutuola, but in my book, no-one could match the upright, careful, don't-miss-a-trick, always-start-out-polite, do-the-right-thing-even-when-it-hurts, don't-pee-down-my-leg-and-tell-me-it's-raining, get-it-done-before-you-clock-out Boss Lady with a deep, true heart and a big, tough brain.
ken123

Post by ken123 »

The Logan - Briscoe teaming was great, by far the best team in any of the teaming in any of the series *.I liked Schiff, VanBuren,and McCoy. I didnt like the Wiest or Thompson characters.

* Chris Noth - aka Mike Logan - was from Wisconsin ------- Jerry Orbach - aka Lennie Briscoe was from Illinois. Cant beat those Mid West actors. :P
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

If anyone needed a roster try this
[youtube][/youtube]
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

I loved Jerry Orhbach as Lenny and really liked Chris Noth's time as his partner followed by Ben Bratt and Jesse Martin.

On the law side, I really liked Jill Hennessey as Claire and especially how they let us know in her final episode, that she was at the bar that night waiting for Jack to call. Too bad for Jack, he was at a different bar talking about memories of his dad.

Claire ended up giving Lenny a ride home. They had witnessed a final execution earlier and Lenny fell off the wagon after years of sobriety. Claire offered to drive him home after it became clear Jack wasn't going to call.

As she was driving Lenny home, they were broadsided by a drunk driver and Claire was all but morally wounded.

There had been clues, very subtle clues, placed in various episodes that hinted at a relationship between Jack and Claire but this episode and the following one, revealed quietly that Jack and Claire had been carrying on a love affair for quite some time.

There were times when Law and Order could be very subtle when it wanted to be.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

mrsl

Post by mrsl »

My favorite is actually the SVU group. I like Benson, Elliot, Munch and Finn. They seem to play off each other the best of all the other L&O shows. My favorite character however, was always Lenny (Jerry Orbach).
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************