YOU Tube'n

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
CineMaven

Re: YOU Tube'n

Post by CineMaven »

Hello Dhali!

Thanx so much Moira for giving me a shout-out and putting me in the company of other creatives we have here at the SSO. If you folks choose to visit my channel, I hope you enjoy what I have to offer. Thanx in advance.

Theresa
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

I'm in awe at all the clever people on this forum. Theresa I've got your interview with Robert Regan bookmarked for when the kids are in bed :wink:
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

Thanx for considering it. Let me know wha'cha think. Geeeez, I hope it doesn't put YOU to sleep.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

I'm going to watch it tonight, too! How exciting, and "Shadow of a Doubt" is your first movie for discussion? Brilliant! :D
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

Thanx April. And may I say "Kudoes" on another classy avatar. Hmmmm...Tippi Hedren I presume?

Lovely. That dress is classic!

MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Yes, it's 'Tippi' nearly 10 years before Hollywood stardom.... :)
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Dear SSO Members

This is fantastic, wonderful, charming, delightful under 7 minutes You Tube Video. ... It's Widescreen ... make sure your sound is on. I was smiling more and more as this incredible video progresses ... I loved it. Got it from a dear friend of mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=GB ... e=youtu.be
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

absolutely lovely! Thanks for sharing :D
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

I wish we had access to this footage when John Bengston was visiting:

[youtube][/youtube]
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Please don't think I am unfeeling, but when I heard the news that 98-year old Tony Martin had passed away today, my first thought was "...take my hand, I'm a stranger in paradise..." from the 1953 musical version of Kismet. However, I wasn't just thinking of this powerful singer's way with a romantic tune, but a childhood memory tinged with pubescent blushing that got in the way of my appreciation for this song's role in my early life--until maturity made me relish it again.

You see, when she was in the company of any of her children, whenever my Mom used to spot something horrendously ugly or vulgar (this could be a range of things from a wizened garden gnome in someone's yard to a woman wearing skin-tight peddle pushers who should have thought twice, a fur-bearing fellow lounging around his front stoop in his underwear, or some particularly ghastly piece of architecture), she would often react by launching into a full-voiced rendition of this song in her best Tony Martin baritone. Mom had such a deep voice, thanks to 40 years of scotch and cigarettes, phone callers sometimes asked if the "lady of the house" was home.

While I can't say that Mr. Martin's vocalizing was a Finnie household favorite, I am hoping that Tony Martin is taking his Cyd's hand and is really a "stranger in paradise" today. Btw, until a few years ago, in his mid-90s, Mr. Martin was still packing 'em in at high class night spots on both coasts, receiving good reviews, not just kind ones. Here he is, singing this standard to a fare-thee-well--

[youtube][/youtube]

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

moirafinnie wrote:...You see, when she was in the company of any of her children, whenever my Mom used to spot something horrendously ugly or vulgar (this could be a range of things from a wizened garden gnome in someone's yard to a woman wearing skin-tight peddle pushers who should have thought twice, a fur-bearing fellow lounging around his front stoop in his underwear, or some particularly ghastly piece of architecture), she would often react by launching into a full-voiced rendition of this song in her best Tony Martin baritone. Mom had such a deep voice, thanks to 40 years of scotch and cigarettes, phone callers sometimes asked if the "lady of the house" was home...
OMG. Girl, you are hilarious! Scotch & cigarettes...

Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

THIS IS A WIDESCREEN YOU TUBE VIDEO

This is so good ... A Television Commercial.

It is actually an HP Printer & Evian Water commercial. But, there are only a few seconds which actually bring attention to the HP printer & Evian water. The bulk of the commercial is purely entertainment. I don't know how they do this kind of stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?feat ... 41rybZ42vA

I love this.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

It's so amazing what they can do now! I thought I had seen a pretty amazing commercial with just one baby rollerskating last year some time, they really have upped the baby quotient here! :D
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Hey, I found this while searching for Eubie Blake vids, he was always such a great guest on Dick Cavett or other talk shows. Anyway, this is a young Eubie with his orchestra and a couple of soon to be famous guest stars:
[youtube][/youtube]
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

The rarely seen Summer Storm (1944) with George Sanders & Linda Darnell in the Turgenev story, as interpreted by Douglas Sirk, has appeared on youtube. This movie features one of the few times that Edward Everett Horton appeared in a (relatively) straight dramatic part. [He's still funny as a dim Russian noble]. This movie is often cited as Darnell's breakout role as the sultry serf, using what nature gave her to make her way in the world. See what you think...

[youtube][/youtube]

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks