Bad Movies You Love

Discussion of programming on TCM.
feaito

Re: Bad Movies You Love

Post by feaito »

MissGoddess wrote:Wouldn't you know her name would have to be "April" and she was the dumbest one in the movie? :lol:
For me you'd be a cross between Hope Lange's and Suzy's characters :wink: ...not at all Diane's
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Such a gallant thing to say, gracias Amigo. :) I only wish I was as pretty as either lady.

By the way, Suzy was the young lady Gary Cooper fell hard for in one of his last great performances (though the movie itself is somewhat flat in its direction by Philip Dunne), Ten North Frederick.
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers
feaito

Post by feaito »

De nada bella amiga....I haven't seen that film, but I did see Suzy in Cary's "Kiss Them for Me", and she also looked ravishing!!!
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

feaito wrote:De nada bella amiga....I haven't seen that film, but I did see Suzy in Cary's "Kiss Them for Me", and she also looked ravishing!!!

Caro,
I think that Suzy was all that was ravishing in Kiss Them for Me, though I prefer Cary! A good choice for this thread, in fact. I only saw it once quite a while ago, to be fair. Didn't Stanley Donen direct it? His movies could be really hit-and-miss with me.
-- Will Rogers
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

-- Will Rogers
feaito

Post by feaito »

Stanley Donen directed it April and Jayne Mansfield has a campy role in it. It's a fine comedy.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Oh my gosh, I love that Hope Lange photo! She had a deceptively down to earth way about her that makes you forget how beautiful she really was. Did she have grey eyes? So pretty.

This photo reminds me of some of Marilyn's photos. Do you know who the photographer is?
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

I've had that photo for quite some time in one of my older Photobucket accounts, I don't recall where I got it or who the photographer was. It does look a bit like some photos Sam Shaw took of Marilyn.

Hope always reminded me a bit of Grace Kelly. I liked her with Elvis Presley in Wild in the Country.

-- Will Rogers
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Suzy Parker

Photo by Bert Stern:

Many more photos here:
http://suzyparker.tumblr.com/
-- Will Rogers
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Gad! she's so regal, and yet absolutely different. No one looks like Suzy Parker. I love the natural looking one, with red hair and the faintest blush on the lips - you can just see she might have freckles. Her perfect bone structure really stands out.
feaito

Post by feaito »

April, thanks for posting those wonderful pixs of Suzy...she's just my kind of woman! Elegant, classy, adequately slim and terribly sexy at the same time, without being obvious about it...she just can't help being sexy and attractive. :D
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

She certainly was striking. Love the fashions she modeled.

Here are the ladies in The Best of Everything:

-- Will Rogers
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I never knew this till I started looking at some of those pictures, but Suzy's sister was first supermodel Dorian Leigh (Parker) who some of you might recognize from her own modeling career.

Dorian Leigh

Dorian got Suzy into modeling when the Ford company begged her to come to them and work. She said she wouldn't unless they took Suzy, who was age 15, with bright red hair. Later on, Richard Avedon would say of Suzy “There were great models before and after Suzy, but she was something else - a red-headed force of nature, a wolf in chic clothing, the one flesh-and-blood woman in a world of exquisite creatures.”

I wish someone would write a biography of Suzy, just to use the title Wolf in Chic Clothing. :D

Dorian and Suzy
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

All these Suzy Parker Pictures by Miss Goddess and Jack Favell contributed on this tread... what an incredible display of beauty here. Thank you for sharing them with us.

And, Hope Lange and Elvis too.
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Hope did have an alluring down to Earth demeanor. But with a mischievous edge. Kind of, You can trust me...for a while. I'm not real familiar with her film work. But that look played well in TV comedies. Again, the Van Dyke show, and THE GHOST AND MRS. MUIR.