Bad Movies You Love

Discussion of programming on TCM.
Bronxgirl48

Re: Bad Movies You Love

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

CinemaInternational wrote: August 18th, 2023, 7:19 pm
Bronxgirl48 wrote: August 15th, 2023, 1:27 pm :yahoo:

Before I answer any other posts I must mention THE STORY OF MANKIND, shown this morning as part of Ronald Colman SUTS -- Lord have mercy!!!! LOL Hedy Lamarr as Joan of Ark! Groucho Marx as Peter Minuit! Harpo as Isaac Newton! Chico as a monk discussing "the oith can't be round" with Christopher Columbus! Peter Lorre as Nero! Francis X. Bushman as Moses! Virginia Mayo as Cleopatra! Dennis Hopper as Napoleon! Vincent Price as the devil (Mr. Scratch) with poor Ronald representing The Spirit of Man duking it out over the eventual fate of humanity!

I was feeling cranky due to the heat but immediately perked up during this wonderful schlockfest.

An absolute must for bad movie fans!!
That one was cheesy as all get out. I think I watched it just short of having my mouth agape. That said, Irwin Allen never was one of the world's best writers. He made Jacqueline Susann look like Charlotte Bronte.

Irwin Allen -- one of the greats, lol.
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

Scroll down a bit -- I talk about WHEN TIME RAN OUT, another Irwin Allen classic!
Allhallowsday

Post by Allhallowsday »

THE LOVED ONE (1965) Twisted and unpopular, as creepy as it gets, it gets creepier.
Funny and grotesque, filled with cameos in small parts, this a film I define as Bad for you.

Fedya

Post by Fedya »

I just watched The Apple and loved it. It's soooooo spectacularly bad.

Can't Stop the Music is available for the time being on Fawesome. Looking forward to finally seeing that one.
Allhallowsday

Post by Allhallowsday »

HOUSE OF DARK SHADOWS (1970)

DAN CURTIS
takes 3 years of his TV show, compresses the story, and brings all the cast back for a wonderful cheezee queezee. The script is terrifically implausible, accepting vampires, and zips right along. "Barnabas...! You're face...!" I love it.

Image Image
Detective Jim McLeod

Post by Detective Jim McLeod »

Allhallowsday wrote: August 22nd, 2023, 7:03 pm HOUSE OF DARK SHADOWS (1970)

This a great movie, it's Night Of Dark Shadows (1971) that's bad, I don't think anybody loves that one either.
Allhallowsday

Post by Allhallowsday »

Detective Jim McLeod wrote: August 24th, 2023, 12:02 pm
Allhallowsday wrote: August 22nd, 2023, 7:03 pm HOUSE OF DARK SHADOWS (1970)

This a great movie, it's Night Of Dark Shadows (1971) that's bad, I don't think anybody loves that one either.
Both are bad by certain standards, but I love HOUSE OF DARK SHADOWS. I know what I'm getting there, no buyer's remorse.
NIGHT OF DARK SHADOWS... truly boring, but I've seen worse from DAN, like BURNT OFFERINGS.
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

THE LEGEND OF LYLAH CLARE must not be missed tonight! (as part of Ernie Borgnine SUTS line-up) This is a Bad Movie I just know you will Love.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Bronxgirl48 wrote: August 25th, 2023, 2:07 pm THE LEGEND OF LYLAH CLARE must not be missed tonight! (as part of Ernie Borgnine SUTS line-up) This is a Bad Movie I just know you will Love.
But it's not a SO BAD IT'S GOOD type, just BAD!!!!
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

LOL true

And there are so many awful scenes it's hard to pick just one as an example of the badness.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Bronxgirl48 wrote: August 31st, 2023, 3:11 pm LOL true

And there are so many awful scenes it's hard to pick just one as an example of the badness.
I think the Circus scene with Kim mouthing Hidegarde Knef's words might be the worst!
txfilmfan

Post by txfilmfan »

I tried to watch this after years of hearing how bad it was. I fell asleep within 20 minutes.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

txfilmfan wrote: August 31st, 2023, 3:31 pm I tried to watch this after years of hearing how bad it was. I fell asleep within 20 minutes.
LOL!!!!
CinemaInternational

Post by CinemaInternational »

txfilmfan wrote: August 31st, 2023, 3:31 pm I tried to watch this after years of hearing how bad it was. I fell asleep within 20 minutes.
Like the infinitely superior Valley of the Dolls, it gets wilder and more outrageous the longer it goes on.....

Still have to say that the scene where Novak, with Kneff's voice, rips into gossip columnist Coral Browne by comparing her to a yak is the most priceless moment.