Commercials, Promos, and Sales Pitch

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Sandy:

I knew about those others, but never caught them. I didn't have a computer at the time and couldn't look them up, and switching to the Ch. 11 schedule on my cable channel view got to be a pain after a while.

I would have loved to see the pioneer one though!

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Which brings the question, do we need the government to support it if we're going to get Doo-Wop, Suzie Orman, "This Old House" and Julia Child reruns?
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

movieman1957 wrote:Which brings the question, do we need the government to support it if we're going to get Doo-Wop, Suzie Orman, "This Old House" and Julia Child reruns?
If PBS had the level of government support it had pre-Reagan, we'd still be getting those high-quality shows we grew to love and there wouldn't be perpetual pledge drives.

But since that administration didn't think anything that did not lead directly to the further enrichment of the already rich was of any importance, we have cash-strapped PBS stations, public museums with high entrance fees, public libraries without any books, and people who are unable to care for themselves or function in society wandering the streets. But that's another story.