jimimac71

Re: WHAT DID YOU HAVE FOR DINNER TODAY?

Post by jimimac71 »

Swithin wrote: May 17th, 2023, 2:19 pm
jimimac71 wrote: May 17th, 2023, 2:14 pm
I'm a bit concerned about Thompson.
His avatar is missing.
He ate it.
He will have a hard time passing the hat.
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

jimimac71 wrote: May 17th, 2023, 7:24 pm
Swithin wrote: May 17th, 2023, 2:19 pm
jimimac71 wrote: May 17th, 2023, 2:14 pm
His avatar is missing.
He ate it.
He will have a hard time passing the hat.
Do you mean passing the hat; or passing the hat?

I would be happy to make a contribution, if he answered the age-old question: "Is Thompson Nipkow?" :D

LostHorizons

Post by LostHorizons »

Thompson wrote: May 17th, 2023, 1:22 pm
LostHorizons wrote: May 17th, 2023, 11:31 am What I had yesterday- a beef sandwich and three chocolate milkshakes. Mmmmm :D

LostHorizons, did you drink/spoon your milkshakes at the same place or did you go to three different places? Or did you make them at home? If you made them at home did you use a blender and add a raw egg? What was the thickness quotient? How big/tall were they?
They were all the same place and I use a spoon not a straw. I have acid reflux disorder and that relates somehow to why I have a hatred of straws. I forget the story details exactly but when I was a child I regurgitated all over myself and I have hated straws since.
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

Passing the hat? I guess both. Was thinking potty time.
I doan think Thompson is Nipkow.
It seems like both Lawrence and EP are missing.
For Din Din last night we had one of those frozen skillet dinners in a bag.
Followed by some ice cream.
I have GERD and some ice cream gets to me, even though I take a popular OTC pill for it.
Sepiatone

Post by Sepiatone »

jimimac71 wrote: May 17th, 2023, 2:14 pm Well, we had the larder is empty chili and tamales last night.
So today is grocery shopping day.
His avatar is missing.
I've noticed it missing lately. I was joking about the defibrillator because I thought he was either OK to eat like that or also joking.

And where do you get your tamales? Hoping they're the real thing. And it reminds me....

My wife's sister hasn't made tamales in quite a while. Gotta get on her case about that. ;) Her's are really good. And I've GOT to get her other sister's recipe for picadillo.

Sepiatone
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

Sorry Sepiatone, but the tamales and chili come in a can.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

jimimac71 wrote: May 18th, 2023, 10:35 am Passing the hat? I guess both. Was thinking potty time.
I don’t think Thompson is Nipkow.
I don’t know Nipkow, but I’d like to meet his tailor. Sharp is the word. With a penny loafer on one foot, and a slipper on the other.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

I liked the other title to this thread better — What you have for dinner —

It’s 2:30 and things have gone south. I don’t have any kitchen privileges, you see, and my phone is no good to order anything because there is no number to the phone. It’s lucky I live in the south so I’m used to this type of thing, going south. I do have, in my getaway bag, a twelve count of mini Slim Jim’s. They are a real b**** to open but taste surprisingly good. Just the right amount of heat.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

But they are only 40 calories per Slim Jim. That is skimpy, so you envision a 10 inch hot sausage Po-Boy, dressed all the way, extra pickle on the side, maybe some onion rings (they were off the mark last time) or fries. The coleslaw is above par, Ms. Fred makes the coleslaw and also is in charge of all the seasonings. She is very good at her seasonings. The bread is Binder bread, which is the best French bread in the world. I go with the hot sausage mostly, sometimes a catfish or a shrimp.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

They open at seven.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

So, what time is it now?

It’s time to put your shoes on Thompson and head down to Ms. Fred’s. You can sleep in that back shed until they open.

Yeah, that’s a good idea, that’s what I’ll do.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Someone will wake me at seven? Ms. Fred won’t wake me because deep down she doesn’t like me. I don’t know why because ‘just look at me’ what is there not to like?

I can tell you right now, everything. Every little thing.

Okay, just wake me at seven so I can order my hot sausage Po-Boy 10 inch dressed with a pickle on the side and (I’m going with) crinkle cut French fries and of course coleslaw.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

The hot sausage is rich. Full of fat. If you are a homeless person and don’t have immediate access to a toilet I would shy away from the hot sausage Po-Boy. Better to go with plain hamburger or eggs with cheese. The all beef hot dog on a steamed bun is a good option, get a small fried rice to go with the dog and you are all set.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

How do you know when the end is around the corner? Do you feel it? Do you somehow sense it? Or is it just a bunch of corn? Creamed corn. That’s what we’ll have for dinner. A can of creamed corn. Let’s see, maybe some of those little canned sausages to go with. The sausages you don’t want to heat but the creamed corn will probably taste better warm. Let’s throw in a can of green beans. Most of the time you don’t think of green beans but green beans are okay. They are better than Lima beans, and have more fiber. Well, green beans have more fiber than beets, that’s for sure. Beets are red, not green at all, not a vegetable at all. Just a beet.