WHAT DID YOU HAVE FOR DINNER TODAY?

Chit-chat, current events
TikiSoo

Re: WHAT YOU HAVE FOR DINNER TODAY!

Post by TikiSoo »

Wow-I cut & sent that recipe to MrTiki (the chef of the house) he eats meat & always "sears" it too. That sounds GREAT although I don't eat beef.

It's always funny to see him furiously cooking or planting flowers on our weekends....while I'm repairing windows, plumbing or hot wiring a chandelier.
Thompson

Re: WHAT DID YOU HAVE FOR DINNER TODAY?

Post by Thompson »

I had two hemp gummies and one large THC gummy. Set pretty good.
Feinberg

Post by Feinberg »

Coronation Chicken
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Spaghetti and meatballs. Good God it was good. The red sauce was perfect, the meatballs were perfect, the spaghetti was al dente, the French bread fresh as a summer’s breeze with a wonderful Irish butter and broccoli to boot. The meatballs were an 85/15 mix, I believe that’s the ratio to work with. Yes, this is what I’m eating from now on — meatballs and spaghetti. (Maybe a meatloaf with mashed taters every so often)
Sepiatone

Post by Sepiatone »

Well, as I'm here at 12:06 pm and haven't yet had lunch, It's hard to say what I'm having for dinner today.

But last night I had a baked boneless pork loin seasoned with nu-salt, pepper and nutmeg with a baked potato garnered with nu-salt, pepper and sour cream and broccoli.

Sepiatone
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Sepiatone wrote: May 15th, 2023, 11:10 am Well, as I'm here at 12:06 pm and haven't yet had lunch, It's hard to say what I'm having for dinner today.

But last night I had a baked boneless pork loin seasoned with nu-salt, pepper and nutmeg with a baked potato garnered with nu-salt, pepper and sour cream and broccoli.

Sepiatone
Baked potatoes are the cure for what ails you. Sour cream was invented for baked potatoes. I use some butter too with mine and I ALWAYS eat the skin. That pork loin sounds right on, and broccoli always hits the spot.
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

I’m told not to eat the chicken skin but it falls on deaf ears.
The potato skin is supposed to be good for your health.
If you’re going to make fries, don’t peel them taters.
To quote Ben Matlock, “Them’s Good Eats!”
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

Sepiatone wrote: May 15th, 2023, 11:10 am Well, as I'm here at 12:06 pm and haven't yet had lunch, It's hard to say what I'm having for dinner today.

Sepiatone
I made a pork tenderloin on Saturday. Used Ina Garten's recipe, which marinates the pork in olive oil, lemon juice, and various herbs. Sunday, I cubed leftover pork to make pork couscous, with lots of veggies as well and an OXO beef cube. Used Trader Joe's whole wheat couscous.
Sepiatone

Post by Sepiatone »

jimimac71 wrote: May 15th, 2023, 3:37 pm I’m told not to eat the chicken skin but it falls on deaf ears.
The potato skin is supposed to be good for your health.
If you’re going to make fries, don’t peel them taters.
To quote Ben Matlock, “Them’s Good Eats!”
I'm with ya on the chicken skin. Avoiding it is good for you, which is why I buy skinless/boneless chicken breasts. But if I'm dining as a guest at someone else's home and served either fried or baked chicken that still has the skin, well, I refuse to be a rude guest, so.... ;)

I haven't made home made fries for years, but never peeled the 'taters either. Not because the skins are supposed to be good for you, but because I like 'em that way.

Sepiatone
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

I’m fixin’ to have an early breakfast. Why not. Got some thick sliced bacon should be defrosted soon. Plenty eggs. I’m leaning towards grits this morning rather than potatoes. But I might rethink that. Going for a Thomas’ English muffin with Irish butter instead of toast. Grandma always fried her eggs in bacon grease so I don’t see why I can’t do the same, but you have to be careful, delicate, you don’t want greasy eggs, the last thing in the world you want is greasy eggs. Yes, for this breakfast yellow grits will work just fine. A big ol’ pot of them with butter and just a drop or two of bacon fat maybe, test them out first. I started thinking three slices of bacon, the thick cut, but changed my mind to four. It’s hickory smoked and fills the kitchen with bacon aroma. Nothing better. Now, normally I would do my eggs over easy and put them on top of the grits, but now I’ve decided on fried potatoes with onions and maybe peppers, one thing for sure, gonna be lots of ‘em. The bacon fat might could be used with the potatoes too, play that by ear. I’ll stick with the English muffin because I like English muffins. Yeah, give me a good start to the day.
Sepiatone

Post by Sepiatone »

Thompson wrote: May 17th, 2023, 2:20 am I’m fixin’ to have an early breakfast. Why not. Got some thick sliced bacon should be defrosted soon. Plenty eggs. I’m leaning towards grits this morning rather than potatoes. But I might rethink that. Going for a Thomas’ English muffin with Irish butter instead of toast. Grandma always fried her eggs in bacon grease so I don’t see why I can’t do the same, but you have to be careful, delicate, you don’t want greasy eggs, the last thing in the world you want is greasy eggs. Yes, for this breakfast yellow grits will work just fine. A big ol’ pot of them with butter and just a drop or two of bacon fat maybe, test them out first. I started thinking three slices of bacon, the thick cut, but changed my mind to four. It’s hickory smoked and fills the kitchen with bacon aroma. Nothing better. Now, normally I would do my eggs over easy and put them on top of the grits, but now I’ve decided on fried potatoes with onions and maybe peppers, one thing for sure, gonna be lots of ‘em. The bacon fat might could be used with the potatoes too, play that by ear. I’ll stick with the English muffin because I like English muffins. Yeah, give me a good start to the day.
You might want to keep a defibrillator nearby to get a good start of your heart after all that bacon And bacon fat. ;)

Sepiatone
LostHorizons

Post by LostHorizons »

What I had yesterday- a beef sandwich and three chocolate milkshakes. Mmmmm :D
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

LostHorizons wrote: May 17th, 2023, 11:31 am What I had yesterday- a beef sandwich and three chocolate milkshakes. Mmmmm :D

LostHorizons, did you drink/spoon your milkshakes at the same place or did you go to three different places? Or did you make them at home? If you made them at home did you use a blender and add a raw egg? What was the thickness quotient? How big/tall were they?
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Sepiatone — At two in the morning I ideate about what to eat the next day (kitchen is closed until 8am). The next day brings the same thing - I’m lucky if I can get down a half piece of dry toast. There is no thick sliced bacon almost defrosted, or fried potatoes with onions and peppers. Those things are only in my mind at two in the morning. I do have a hard boiled egg, and I think I’d better pocket it because that familiar paddy wagon/ambulance siren is right out front. Better pack the emergency half pint into my sock and hide my can of snuff in the other one too.
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

Well, we had the larder is empty chili and tamales last night.
So today is grocery shopping day.
I'm a bit concerned about Thompson.
His avatar is missing.