Finally here, hooray

Here's a spot to say "Hello!"
laffite

Finally here, hooray

Post by laffite »

After rigorous attempts to register I have meet with success. Looking forward to meeting other members. I will certainly be happy posting here I'm sure. Thanks to the moderators, registration is easier that it might have been due to the relaxing of the usual protocols. I am quite excited about being here. Thanks. Go Phillies! Go Chargers! Thanks, all.
:D
Wow, great emoticons. Now i can be expressive :shock:

laffite
Sabine Azema in Sunday in the Country
laffite

Re: Finally here, hooray

Post by laffite »

I posted this in the wrong place. Can it be moved to New Members thanks.
sheesh
laffite
CinemaInternational

Post by CinemaInternational »

Welcome!
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

laffite wrote: October 28th, 2022, 1:39 pm After rigorous attempts to register I have meet with success. Looking forward to meeting other members. I will certainly be happy posting here I'm sure. Thanks to the moderators, registration is easier that it might have been due to the relaxing of the usual protocols. I am quite excited about being here. Thanks. Go Phillies! Go Chargers! Thanks, all.

laffite
Hello Lafitte,

It's nice to meet you in this strange new world!

Cuthbert (aka Swithin)
laffite

Post by laffite »

Cuthbert wrote: October 28th, 2022, 5:15 pm
laffite wrote: October 28th, 2022, 1:39 pm After rigorous attempts to register I have meet with success. Looking forward to meeting other members. I will certainly be happy posting here I'm sure. Thanks to the moderators, registration is easier that it might have been due to the relaxing of the usual protocols. I am quite excited about being here. Thanks. Go Phillies! Go Chargers! Thanks, all.

laffite
Hello Lafitte,

Cuthbert (aka Swithin)
Hi Cuth/Swith. I donned my space suit just in case. No need now, looks pretty friendly around here. :D
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

Yes, welcome Laffite!
Last edited by Swithin on October 28th, 2022, 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

laffite wrote: October 28th, 2022, 6:56 pm

laffite
Hello Lafitte,

Cuthbert (aka Swithin)
Hi Cuth/Swith. I donned my space suit just in case. No need now, looks pretty friendly around here. :D
Well I thought I responded. I'll try again. Welcome Laffite! This should appear as a response to your message.
laffite

Post by laffite »

Cuthbert wrote: October 28th, 2022, 7:09 pm
laffite wrote: October 28th, 2022, 6:56 pm

Hello Lafitte,

Cuthbert (aka Swithin)
Well I thought I responded. I'll try again. Welcome Laffite! This should appear as a response to your message.
And so it does. Thank you.
TikiSoo

Post by TikiSoo »

Hi Laffitte, Cuthbert & CinemaInternational!
It's going to be difficult remembering your new name Swithin, esp after changing your avatar.
So glad I attended some "guest" visits here years ago, so am registered using my regular name & Gloria Swanson avatar.

Interesting...looks like we can private message each other & send emails to others' personal address. Third contact is via website.
There's one "migrant" from the other boards I worry about receiving nasty emails from.
It's one reason I try getting along with everybody-out of fear! :-)
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

Hi Tiki, nice to see you here! For some reason, it didn't seem possible for me to use the name "Swithin," so I chose another Anglo-Saxon saint's name. I would change it back to Swithin, but there doesn't seem to be an option to do that. I may keep trying.

My avatar is a photo of Alan Turing. I visited Bletchley Park in Buckinghamshire last week and took a photo of his photo. I may change that; just needed something for now.
laffite

Post by laffite »

Cuthbert wrote: October 29th, 2022, 8:59 am Hi Tiki, nice to see you here! For some reason, it didn't seem possible for me to use the name "Swithin," so I chose another Anglo-Saxon saint's name. I would change it back to Swithin, but there doesn't seem to be an option to do that. I may keep trying.

My avatar is a photo of Alan Turing. I visited Bletchley Park in Buckinghamshire last week and took a photo of his photo. I may change that; just needed something for now.
Could you make your screen name "Swithin399" something like that?
LawrenceA

Post by LawrenceA »

TikiSoo wrote: October 29th, 2022, 6:51 am
There's one "migrant" from the other boards I worry about receiving nasty emails from.
It's one reason I try getting along with everybody-out of fear! :-)
Oh, no! Do you mean me?!?
Watching until the end.
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

laffite wrote: October 29th, 2022, 1:23 pm
Cuthbert wrote: October 29th, 2022, 8:59 am Hi Tiki, nice to see you here! For some reason, it didn't seem possible for me to use the name "Swithin," so I chose another Anglo-Saxon saint's name. I would change it back to Swithin, but there doesn't seem to be an option to do that. I may keep trying.

Could you make your screen name "Swithin399" something like that?
When I first registered, it didn't seem to like the name "Swithin." Now, there seems no option to change it. If you go into "Profile," you can change various things, but (as far as I can tell) you can't change your name.
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

Hi, lafitte! (saw your last PM at the other site but am having trouble logging in "over there" to reply) You will be such an asset here.
LostHorizons

Post by LostHorizons »

Hi, Laffite. It’ll be much easier to remember your male pronouns without the old female avatar.