What Ever Happened To Baby Jane? (1962)

LiamCasey

What Ever Happened To Baby Jane? (1962)

Post by LiamCasey »

A recent BBC article on What Ever Happened To Baby Jane? (1962) and other "Hagsploitation" (a new word to me) horror movies:

https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/202 ... lder-women
LawrenceA

Re: What Ever Happened To Baby Jane? (1962)

Post by LawrenceA »

LiamCasey wrote: November 12th, 2022, 8:35 pm A recent BBC article on What Ever Happened To Baby Jane? (1962) and other "Hagsploitation" (a new word to me) horror movies:

https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/202 ... lder-women
Yeah, not a nice genre label, but it was informally used, even back in the 60's while the trend was popular.

Thanks for the link!
Watching until the end.
CinemaInternational

Post by CinemaInternational »

When they had that miniseries on FX a few years back with Lange and Sarandon as Crawford and Davis, one of the episodes was even titled "Hagspoitation"
Detective Jim McLeod

Post by Detective Jim McLeod »

I have seen it countless times. It is one of my favorite films.

Though the reason I love it is not one most people do. I don't watch it for the "camp" value or because of the famous behind the scenes feud of Bette Davis and Joan Crawford. I love it for the twisted tale of madness and suspense. Tales of faded stardom and longing for old glory fascinates me. I find it disturbing and a little sad rather than funny, though I know many laugh hysterically at it. I also love Victor Buono's performance as much as Davis and Crawford (though both are fantastic), he was really a really under rated actor and I try to seek out as many of his performances I can (seek out his lead role in "The Strangler").
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

"Start every day off with a smile and get it over with." -- W.C. Fields