Masha

Re: Memes

Post by Masha »

Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

laffite wrote: March 6th, 2023, 2:11 pm I am unable to grasp this one ... :(
I think the thought behind this one here laffite, is that the little hamster there is somehow able to show a sense of terror on his little face and by his body language.

(...and I found it funny because I wouldn't think a real rodent, and not some animated cartoon one, could show emotions as blatantly as that)
laffite

Post by laffite »

Dargo wrote: March 6th, 2023, 2:35 pm
I think the thought behind this one here laffite, is that the little hamster there is somehow able to show a sense of terror on his little face and by his body language.

(...and I found it funny because I wouldn't think a real rodent, and not some animated cartoon one, could show emotions as blatantly as that)
But animals are commonly given human traits and and human emotional content, not only with memes, cartoons, et al. Who is the "she." A generalized sense of being antagonized by a female? But okay. I thought it might have something to do with a treadmill. On a treadmill they cannot turn around or contort their bodies to see what's behind. Although there was no indication of such a device. I was trying to get a clue from the background. Anyway thanks, I could not connect with this. I have been baffled by women all my life, I should get t his.
Sabine Azema in Sunday in the Country
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

laffite wrote: March 6th, 2023, 2:51 pm

But animals are commonly given human traits and and human emotional content, not only with memes, cartoons, et al. Who is the "she." A generalized sense of being antagonized by a female? But okay. I thought it might have something to do with a treadmill. On a treadmill they cannot turn around or contort their bodies to see what's behind. Although there was no indication of such a device. I was trying to get a clue from the background. Anyway thanks, I could not connect with this. I have been baffled by women all my life, I should get t his.
So laffite ol' boy. Anyone ever tell ya that you sometimes have a tendency to over-think some things sometimes? ;)

LOL
Masha

Post by Masha »

laffite

Post by laffite »

Masha wrote: March 6th, 2023, 3:50 pm Image
The first wrong note to this is that no matter the number of players, the symphony takes at least an hour to play with most renditions, 65 to 68. I know it's besides the point,haha ... but couldn't resist. Though pedantry is not pretty.
laffite

Post by laffite »

Dargo wrote: March 6th, 2023, 2:58 pm
laffite wrote: March 6th, 2023, 2:51 pm

So laffite ol' boy. Anyone ever tell ya that you sometimes have a tendency to over-think some things sometimes? ;)

LOL
If the meme or joke is not immediately apprehended, then thinking takes over. It becomes an exercise first for enlightenment, then second for curiosity, Overthinking is much maligned but it can be fun. Sometimes.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

laffite wrote: March 6th, 2023, 4:40 pm
If the meme or joke is not immediately apprehended, then thinking takes over. It becomes an exercise first for enlightenment, then second for curiosity, Overthinking is much maligned but it can be fun. Sometimes.
Yeah, I suppose, BUT I gotta say partaking in this sort of deductive reasoning sure seem to run counter to at least one of those "Golden Rules of Comedy" I remember readin' years ago.

(...I think it was specifically the one that says: "If ya have to explain it, it wasn't really all that funny to begin with.")

;)
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Each saltine cracker has thirteen holes in it, i counted several.
laffite

Post by laffite »

Thompson wrote: March 7th, 2023, 6:07 pm Each saltine cracker has thirteen holes in it, i counted several.
The suspense is killing me! Are you going to count the rest?
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

Thompson wrote: March 7th, 2023, 6:07 pm Each saltine cracker has thirteen holes in it, i counted several.
Saltines! Now there's a hint!
laffite

Post by laffite »

Swithin wrote: March 7th, 2023, 11:03 pm
Saltines! Now there's a hint!
You mean T may be channeling someone?

Or ... ?

Well, I drew a sigh of relief that tuna was not mentioned.
Masha

Post by Masha »

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Thompson wrote: March 6th, 2023, 12:59 am It was a meme moment when the Budweiser beer truck ran over my cell phone and crushed it to smithereens while I was attempting to rescue Laffite who kept rolling from the sidewalk to the gutter and back to the sidewalk again during the Truck's Parade that gets everybody off the street at midnight because it's now Lent and you better start giving up something for six weeks. I told Laffite more than once that his wild and erratic behavior during Carnival was excused and he could come stay at my place for Lent and we'll go get shrimp Po-Boys for breakfast. Laffite, no comment on this one? All the saltines have thirteen holes. Once you put them in a cream of mushroom bowl of soup the counting is over.
laffite

Post by laffite »

Thompson wrote: March 8th, 2023, 2:39 pm
Thompson wrote: March 6th, 2023, 12:59 am It was a meme moment when the Budweiser beer truck ran over my cell phone and crushed it to smithereens while I was attempting to rescue Laffite who kept rolling from the sidewalk to the gutter and back to the sidewalk again during the Truck's Parade that gets everybody off the street at midnight because it's now Lent and you better start giving up something for six weeks. I told Laffite more than once that his wild and erratic behavior during Carnival was excused and he could come stay at my place for Lent and we'll go get shrimp Po-Boys for breakfast. Laffite, no comment on this one? All the saltines have thirteen holes. Once you put them in a cream of mushroom bowl of soup the counting is over.
I thought a dreamt all that! I always roll over during sleep though.. I am quite adept of doing the roll-over thing. Gutter and sidewalk are a piece of cake. Though while sleeping atop railroad tracks, rolling over at just at the right time takes a lot of practice. I think they did try to move me at midnight. But they gave up because I am also deft at playing dead. Imagine my surprise when they built a booth around me and made an exhibit for the Carnival. How humiliating is that? I am not really a guttersnipe when I am alone, but become one only when I am observed. As for Lent, I don't lend money or anything. If you really want to help me lend ME some money. I am tired of my digs. I need to move up, I need to find a more opulent gutter, a studio would be fine so long it comes with cable. And sorry, I don't eat sandwiches with elaborate names. Your sandwich frightens me. Talk about being trapped in a horror movie. I like simple sounding sandwiches like salmon sandwiches or Seafood Sandwiches, not that I crave food of the water but because I have learned that alliterated sandwiches are the best. But I would take a baloney sandwich (or better yet a baloney baloney sandwich if you have it.) And finally, kind sir, i absolutely would not touch a cracker that loses its holiness when taken with Mushroom soup. Vegetable maybe. But crackers that have holes in them are to be avoided, there is something definitely creepy about it. Another great idea for a horror flick. And finally, I am deeply sorry for the squishing of your cell phone. I think you should change trucks. Budweiser is notorious for targeting cell phones. Try Coors or Burgermeister. Or better yet, diet coke.

:D