Friend or Foe feature and blocking an user?

Having problems? Get help here.
LostHorizons

Friend or Foe feature and blocking an user?

Post by LostHorizons »

Hello, I am making this thread to inquire to the moderators here about the topic of blocking users which was brought up on the old forums at TCM. Apparently the “Foe” function here does not entirely hide all of the user’s posts from view nor their name which some feel negates the function. Is there a way this feature could be changed to hide the user entirely from sight and mind? I ask this because others on the board were inquiring as well on this issue so I felt I should start a thread for it.
laffite

Re: Friend or Foe feature and blocking an user?

Post by laffite »

Last edited by laffite on November 21st, 2022, 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sabine Azema in Sunday in the Country
LostHorizons

Post by LostHorizons »

Yes, I understand what you mean. You don’t want to be reminded at all of the user’s presence, even just their screen name. I hope the moderators will chime in on this issue.
laffite

Post by laffite »

Last edited by laffite on November 21st, 2022, 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
laffite

Post by laffite »

laffite wrote: November 21st, 2022, 6:55 pm
laffite wrote: November 21st, 2022, 5:10 pm
LostHorizons wrote: November 21st, 2022, 4:37 pm Hello, I am making this thread to inquire to the moderators here about the topic of blocking users which was brought up on the old forums at TCM. Apparently the “Foe” function here does not entirely hide all of the user’s posts from view nor their name which some feel negates the function. Is there a way this feature could be changed to hide the user entirely from sight and mind? I ask this because others on the board were inquiring as well on this issue so I felt I should start a thread for it.

laffite

Post by laffite »

laffite wrote: November 21st, 2022, 6:55 pm
laffite wrote: November 21st, 2022, 5:10 pm
LostHorizons wrote: November 21st, 2022, 4:37 pm Hello, I am making this thread to inquire to the moderators here about the topic of blocking users which was brought up on the old forums at TCM. Apparently the “Foe” function here does not entirely hide all of the user’s posts from view nor their name which some feel negates the function. Is there a way this feature could be changed to hide the user entirely from sight and mind? I ask this because others on the board were inquiring as well on this issue so I felt I should start a thread for it.

laffite

Post by laffite »

LostHorizons

Post by LostHorizons »

laffite wrote: November 21st, 2022, 7:01 pm....
Ironically, this thread is starting to get buried by the very user you are talking about.
laffite

Post by laffite »

LostHorizons wrote: November 21st, 2022, 11:20 pm
laffite wrote: November 21st, 2022, 7:01 pm....
Ironically, this thread is starting to get buried by the very user you are talking about.
No, no one can effect another one's post that way.

Sorry though, i should have told you. I deleted my responses because I just wanted to drop the complaint. In the long run no big deal.

I appreciate your initiating the thread. The answer, as I understand it, is that if anyone puts another member on ignore (create a Foe), the contents will be hidden if one clicks on it. But the fact that the Foe posted it will still be visible (but not the contents of the post) on the Recent Topics list.
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

Sorry I missed your post(s) about this. I do not see a way to do what you want to do built into the board software. I did some researching and it seems like it could be possible but would take quite a bit of effort with modifying board code, and I might risk breaking something else, which I'm really hesitant to do. If this is a really big deal I can try to pursue it. Otherwise, if it's something you can live with, I'd really prefer to avoid digging into it like that.
LostHorizons

Post by LostHorizons »

Lomm wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 6:19 am Sorry I missed your post(s) about this. I do not see a way to do what you want to do built into the board software. I did some researching and it seems like it could be possible but would take quite a bit of effort with modifying board code, and I might risk breaking something else, which I'm really hesitant to do. If this is a really big deal I can try to pursue it. Otherwise, if it's something you can live with, I'd really prefer to avoid digging into it like that.
Thank you for getting back to us about our complaint. If it requires that kind of risk then I wouldn’t ask for it. I personally don’t need it that much.
laffite

Post by laffite »

Lomm wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 6:19 am Sorry I missed your post(s) about this. I do not see a way to do what you want to do built into the board software. I did some researching and it seems like it could be possible but would take quite a bit of effort with modifying board code, and I might risk breaking something else, which I'm really hesitant to do. If this is a really big deal I can try to pursue it. Otherwise, if it's something you can live with, I'd really prefer to avoid digging into it like that.
The same for me.. Thank you for your help

---laffite