Least and Most Favorite Movie of the week

Discussion of programming on TCM.
laffite

Re: Least and Most Favorite Movie of the week

Post by laffite »

Any movie that has both Cary Grant and Myrna Loy can't be all bad, ...

But it at least half bad. Myrna I would like in just about everything.
Sabine Azema in Sunday in the Country
EP Millstone

Re: Least and Most Favorite Movie of the week

Post by EP Millstone »

skimpole wrote: April 9th, 2023, 2:25 am . . . When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth is another nonsensical Hammer prehistoric movie where dinosaurs are running rampant 65 millions years after their extinction, and where the quarrel over a virgin who refuses to be sacrificed is the excuse for dressing the women in skimpy fur bikinis . . .
I always chuckle -- and shake my head -- when I read complaints and criticisms about inaccuracies in cinéma fantastique.

Hello! They're movies. Fiction. Flights of fancy. Not historical records. Not scientific reports. Not statistical data. Not reality.

Some folks go to the movies to escape reality. Some folks go to movies because they want more than reality. Some folks go to movies because reality isn't enough or is dull . . . or downright horrible.

For me, the wonder and marvel of movies such as When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth is the artistic and technical collaboration, determination, dedication, effort, craftsmanship, and financial investment -- collectively, the magic -- of and by the filmmakers to make the unreal real, the impossible possible -- to make dreams come true!

Bikinied blondes cavorting and frolicking with dinosaurs? Not a problem, as far as I'm concerned. Au contraire! BRING IT!

"Start every day off with a smile and get it over with." -- W.C. Fields