SPOILERS!

KayFrancis

Re: SPOILERS!

Post by KayFrancis »

Thanks King.

Next

A man drives a snowplow toward a shack trying to kill the people in it, he is thrown out of the snowplow by another man who steers the plow away from the shack
The snowplow runs over the killer
KayFrancis

Post by KayFrancis »

2 man robbed a bank, one is wounded. They get help from a dr and his friend who are on a hunting trip
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

KayFrancis wrote: March 20th, 2023, 3:32 am
Next

A man drives a snowplow toward a shack trying to kill the people in it, he is thrown out of the snowplow by another man who steers the plow away from the shack
Sounds like Nightfall (1956) starring Aldo Ray, Brian Keith, and Anne Bancroft, and directed by Jacques Tourneur.

"Start every day off with a smile and get it over with." -- W.C. Fields
KayFrancis

Post by KayFrancis »

EP Millstone wrote: March 20th, 2023, 6:53 pm
KayFrancis wrote: March 20th, 2023, 3:32 am
Next

Sounds like Nightfall (1956) starring Aldo Ray, Brian Keith, and Anne Bancroft, and directed by Jacques Tourneur.

Nightfall is the film. Very good noir. Aldo Ray is actually pretty good in this one and great seeing a young Anne Bancroft. Good work, your thread EP.
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

Next: Just before his death, the villain realizes that the man he faces in a showdown was the young boy to whom he "gave" a harmonica.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

EP Millstone wrote: March 20th, 2023, 7:04 pm Next: Just before his death, the villain realizes that the man he faces in a showdown was the young boy to whom he "gave" a harmonica.
Once Upon a Time in the West
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

Dargo wrote: March 20th, 2023, 7:23 pm Once Upon a Time in the West
Correct, Dargo!

You're up!
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Thanks, EPM.

The following one will probably be as easy to figure out as I found yours to be.

As the protagonist of the story lies lying in the street after being shot in the back, he lies to the law officer about how it happened in order to not have his murderer arrested for his crime.
HoldenIsHere

Post by HoldenIsHere »

Dargo wrote: March 20th, 2023, 7:59 pm Thanks, EPM.

The following one will probably be as easy to figure out as I found yours to be.

As the protagonist of the story lies lying in the street after being shot in the back, he lies to the law officer about how it happened in order to not have his murderer arrested for his crime.
Dargo, I think a hint is needed.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

HoldenIsHere wrote: March 24th, 2023, 2:35 pm
Dargo wrote: March 20th, 2023, 7:59 pm Thanks, EPM.

Dargo, I think a hint is needed.
Right. Seems so. Okay then...

The film in question is a western. And I've always thought its storyline might have inspired Rod Serling to write a particular episode of his Twilight Zone series that starred Dan Duryea.
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

Could it be The Gunfighter (1950)?
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

Swithin wrote: March 24th, 2023, 7:26 pm Could it be The Gunfighter (1950)?
Swithin,

According to Wikipedia, I think you nailed it. But, Dargo will confirm your win.

Regarding The Twilight Zone episode that Dargo alluded to, here's an abbreviation of Mr. Denton on Doomsday.

Dargo

Post by Dargo »

EP Millstone wrote: March 24th, 2023, 8:06 pm
Swithin wrote: March 24th, 2023, 7:26 pm Could it be The Gunfighter (1950)?
Swithin,

According to Wikipedia, I think you nailed it. But, Dargo will confirm your win.

Regarding The Twilight Zone episode that Dargo alluded to, here's an abbreviation of Mr. Denton on Doomsday.

Yep, Swithin. EPM nailed that you nailed it here.

(...you're up now, Swithin ol' boy)
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

The villain, running from the cops, takes refuge in the back of a garbage truck. The truck driver, up front, turns on the apparatus. The villain is crushed. The cops approach the truck. One of them says:

"He died a fitting death, like the garbage he was."
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

Swithin wrote: March 25th, 2023, 7:27 am The villain, running from the cops, takes refuge in the back of a garbage truck. The truck driver, up front, turns on the apparatus. The villain is crushed. The cops approach the truck. One of them says:

"He died a fitting death, like the garbage he was."
Hint: Think of a character's name in The (otherwise unrelated) Ten Commandments.