SPOILERS!

HoldenIsHere

Re: SPOILERS!

Post by HoldenIsHere »

EP Millstone wrote: January 13th, 2023, 12:35 am

Next: His daughter, who has incestuous feelings for her father, tries to kill him. In fact, Daddy's girl is actually his ... son.

I think we may need a hint.
(I have a suspicion but I am not 100% sure.)
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

HoldenIsHere wrote: January 15th, 2023, 2:34 pm
EP Millstone wrote: January 13th, 2023, 12:35 am

Next: His daughter, who has incestuous feelings for her father, tries to kill him. In fact, Daddy's girl is actually his ... son.

I think we may need a hint.
(I have a suspicion but I am not 100% sure.)
The male lead had a close encounter with a large shark several years later.

The female lead achieved stardom playing a character nicknamed for a fiery portion of her physiognomy.

The "daughter" was played an actress who subsequently had a romantic relationship with a "Spaghetti Western" star.
"Start every day off with a smile and get it over with." -- W.C. Fields
LawrenceA

Post by LawrenceA »

A Reflection of Fear - Robert Shaw, Sally Kellerman, and Sondra Locke - I've seen the movie, but recall nothing about it, and even the spoilers don't help remembering!

next: The doctor and his "son" are both injured while horsing around in a windmill.
Watching until the end.
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

LawrenceA wrote: January 15th, 2023, 3:27 pm A Reflection of Fear - Robert Shaw, Sally Kellerman, and Sondra Locke - I've seen the movie, but recall nothing about it, and even the spoilers don't help remembering!
Relive the fear on Tubi!

LawrenceA wrote: January 15th, 2023, 3:27 pm next: The doctor and his "son" are both injured while horsing around in a windmill.
I'll conjecture Frankenstein (1931), but I'll wait for confirmation from you, LawrenceA.
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

EP Millstone wrote: January 15th, 2023, 4:37 pm I'll conjecture Frankenstein (1931), but I'll wait for confirmation from you, LawrenceA.
Color me impatient!

Next: She's joined the sorority and is now the perfect woman and perfect housewife with perfect breasts.
HoldenIsHere

Post by HoldenIsHere »

THE STEPFORD WIVES

Next: The homeless pals make it to Florida, but one of them dies on the bus.
MilesArcher

Post by MilesArcher »

Midnight Cowboy

Next: A man and a woman, who work together and despise each other, find that they are each other's secret romantic pen pal.
Deke Thornton

Post by Deke Thornton »

The Shop Around the Corner

gotta go now so pass on the next one
HoldenIsHere

Post by HoldenIsHere »

Since Deke Thornton has passed . . .

Next:

The hero convinces the woman he loves to leave on the plane with her husband.
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

HoldenIsHere wrote: January 18th, 2023, 11:18 pm Next:

The hero convinces the woman he loves to leave on the plane with her husband.
Casablanca

Next: Nanny kills herself. New nanny kills Mummy. The police kill Daddy. And after all that, all the li'l devil can do is . . . smile.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

EP Millstone wrote: January 19th, 2023, 1:04 am
Next: Nanny kills herself. New nanny kills Mummy. The police kill Daddy. And after all that, all the li'l devil can do is . . . smile.
The Omen (btw and as you may know EPM, the nanny who kills herself in it was played by Holly Palance, Jack's daughter...she didn't have much of a career in the biz, but boy do I remember having a big ol' crush on her back in the '80s when she and her dad hosted the "Ripley's Believe It or Not!" TV program)

Next: Two women who don't know each other are standing on the deck of a ship as it leaves harbor. One mentions the name of her recently deceased fiancee to the other woman who recognizes the name and that the first woman has embellished his memory, but the second woman then says nothing.
KayFrancis

Post by KayFrancis »

Sounds like From Here To Eternity
Deborah Kerr and Donna Reed are the 2 women.

Next :

A man tells a woman that he's in love with her, their relationship is getting very serious. She goes to the city for a meeting and gets the address of the man she loves. She goes to the man's house. A woman answers the door invites her in. The woman tells her that her husband has taken their 2 children to the park. The wife understanding that her husband has strayed tells her that this isn't the first time he's done this. The woman leaves heartbroken
Masha

Post by Masha »

KayFrancis wrote: January 19th, 2023, 10:54 am Next :
A man tells a woman that he's in love with her, their relationship is getting very serious. She goes to the city for a meeting and gets the address of the man she loves. She goes to the man's house. A woman answers the door invites her in. The woman tells her that her husband has taken their 2 children to the park. The wife understanding that her husband has strayed tells her that this isn't the first time he's done this. The woman leaves heartbroken
The Ghost and Mrs. Muir (1947)

Next: A thief who makes his victims smoke weed hopes to find a quiet night in the bedroom of his latest victim.
Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

Dargo wrote: January 19th, 2023, 1:45 am The Omen (btw and as you may know EPM, the nanny who kills herself in it was played by Holly Palance, Jack's daughter...she didn't have much of a career in the biz, but boy do I remember having a big ol' crush on her back in the '80s when she and her dad hosted the "Ripley's Believe It or Not!" TV program)
Fortunately for Holly, she didn't inherit her father's looks (Nastassja Kinksi was also fortunate in that respect) -- unlike Angela Pleasence and Amanda Plummer.
ziggy6708a

Post by ziggy6708a »

Next: A thief who makes his victims smoke weed hopes to find a quiet night in the bedroom of his latest victim.

"Jewel Robbery" (1932) ?

if so,
only 3 gunfighters are left after a major battle s. of the border
was "mr6666" @ TCM