Where to Discuss Capitolfest and Other Non-TCM Film Fests?

Rule discussion, feature requests, what have you.
j.lunatic

Where to Discuss Capitolfest and Other Non-TCM Film Fests?

Post by j.lunatic »

Is there a suitable place on this forum to discuss non-TCM film festivals, and in-theater screenings of possible interest to this forum? (Capitolfest (https://www.romecapitol.com/capitolfest-20preview/) is starting to announce its 2023 lineup, and I'm excited about some of the films currently scheduled.)
Avatar: Madalynne Field (1907-1974)
Formerly known as Peg of the Precodes on the TCM forums.
Letterboxd: https://letterboxd.com/PollyPrecoder/
EP Millstone

Re: Where to Discuss Capitolfest and Other Non-TCM Film Fests?

Post by EP Millstone »

j.lunatic wrote: January 5th, 2023, 10:20 pm Is there a suitable place on this forum to discuss non-TCM film festivals, and in-theater screenings of possible interest to this forum?
j.lunatic,

I see several film festival announcements in the General Chat forum. I suppose you could create a Film Festivals topic there.
"Start every day off with a smile and get it over with." -- W.C. Fields
TikiSoo

Post by TikiSoo »

Hi Polly-glad to seeya!

There's an "Important Announcements" sub forum that has events listed under sub category "Announcements" where Fathom Events have been posted. I'd guess that may be the best place for it for now.

I'm on the lookout for more film festivals to participate selling my wares - and see more rare movies with other film fans!
See you at CapitolFest & hope your thread has similar contributions! (I don't attend Fathom events)
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

Announcements has been set up for forum-related items only, and restricted to moderators and site admins. I cleaned it up this morning to allow it to function with its intended purpose. The Fathom Events thread and the Hitchcock thread were moved to other forums.

I would suggest, rather than an entire forum (of which we already have too many) a new thread in general chat titled "Film Festivals" which could be regularly posted to by anyone.
TikiSoo

Post by TikiSoo »

Lomm wrote: January 6th, 2023, 9:17 am I would suggest, rather than an entire forum (of which we already have too many) a new thread in general chat titled "Film Festivals" which could be regularly posted to by anyone.
Thank you!
But there are not too many sub forums-this site's just right! :smilie_happy_thumbup: