Songs in Horror Films

EP Millstone

Re: Songs in Horror Films

Post by EP Millstone »

"Start every day off with a smile and get it over with." -- W.C. Fields
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

Swithin wrote: February 21st, 2023, 9:45 pm . . . Voodoo Woman is a crazy film. Nipkow hates it -- he does NOT like that lady from Pittsburgh -- played by Marla English -- at all; but courtesy of Tom Conway, she turns in to this lovely lass . . .
I always get Voodoo Woman and The She-Creature mixed up. Maybe because both monsters were portrayed by Marla English. Also because the monster costumes were almost the same (both were designed by Paul Blaisdell). Voodoo Woman, however, was more modest than was The She-Creature, who displayed full-frontal in her pic -- the brazen hussy!

Image Image
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

EP Millstone wrote: February 22nd, 2023, 3:22 pm
Swithin wrote: February 21st, 2023, 9:45 pm . . . Voodoo Woman is a crazy film. Nipkow hates it -- he does NOT like that lady from Pittsburgh -- played by Marla English -- at all; but courtesy of Tom Conway, she turns in to this lovely lass . . .
I always get Voodoo Woman and The She-Creature mixed up.
I didn't get them confused, because my father took me to see The She Creature when I was 5, and I think of it more in the creatures from the sea genre. It was on a double bill at the RKO Chester in the Bronx, with It Conquered the World. I first saw Voodoo Woman on television. For a while, I confused Voodoo Woman with Captive Wild Woman and Jungle Woman, because of the titles.

Another lady monster film is She Devil (1957), which is about two doctors who live together (?!!) creating a serum that can cure TB, but it turns their lady patient (Mari Blanchard) into a monster who can change her hair colour at will. Interesting that the pineal gland plays a part in the film, as it does in The Leech Woman, which I used to confuse with The Wasp Woman, again because of the title.

EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

Swithin wrote: February 22nd, 2023, 4:23 pm . . . Another lady monster film is She Devil (1957) . . .
There is also The Astounding She-Monster who, compared to Voodoo Woman and The She-Creature, was an out-of-this-world hottie. IMO, model-actress Shirley Kirkpatrick (who portrayed The Astounding One) rivalled She Devil Mari Blanchard in the Babe-a-licious Dept.

LostHorizons

Post by LostHorizons »

How about the new Twin Peaks where each episode would end with a millennial indie band I had never heard of? I liked the one that goes wild Wild West/ wild Wild West. :smiley_cheer: :smiley_cheer: :smiley_shades:
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

LawrenceA wrote: February 16th, 2023, 2:54 pm
TikiSoo wrote: February 16th, 2023, 2:19 pm Thanks for posing that, I love Arch Hall Jr. but have no idea why.
It's a question that has baffled many a generation...

He's so dreamy!
Allhallowsday

Post by Allhallowsday »

"Hold On To Love" from MESSIAH OF EVIL (aka DEAD PEOPLE 1973)

Allhallowsday

Post by Allhallowsday »

EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

Allhallowsday wrote: March 6th, 2023, 4:49 pm "Hold On To Love" from MESSIAH OF EVIL (aka DEAD PEOPLE 1973)
Blurb on the poster for Messiah of Evil: "From the Makers of 'American Graffiti' "

I wonder if the reverse marketing strategy was considered for the American Graffiti poster.

The vocalist on Hold On to Love is Folk Singer Raun MacKinnon about whom I was totally clueless.
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

Regarding The Hunger Opening Credits . . .

If Bela Lugosi hadn't already been dead when Bela Lugosi's Dead was released . . .

. . . that Bauhaus tune would have killed him.

Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

Catch this song from the 1957 horror movie Blood of Dracula. It's called "Puppy Love"

It occurs at the 28:20 mark

EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »