June 2023 Schedule, Katharine Hepburn is SOTM

Discussion of programming on TCM.
cmovieviewer

Re: June 2023 Schedule, Katharine Hepburn is SOTM

Post by cmovieviewer »

TCM has posted most of the remaining schedule for June, 2023.

Additional details are available at my schedule information page:

http://escapepress.com/tcmsched/tcm_overview.html
CinemaInternational

Post by CinemaInternational »

Oooh, boy. Batten down the hatches everyone. One of the most notorious films of all-time Pink Flamingos is making a TCM debut.....
speedracer5

Post by speedracer5 »

I'm excited that they're showing "The Apple." I've heard that this film is really bad, but has a bit of a cult following. I'm looking forward to seeing it.
Letterboxd: https://letterboxd.com/kayla622/
Reddit: kayla622
Twitter: kaylar622
Blog: Whimsicallyclassic.wordpress.com
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

Well, Happy June!
I looked in advance to see what Katharine Hepburn movies were playing.
The first movie begins at 8 PM Eastern.
I kept going only to find the last movie ends at 10 AM Eastern.
Am I the only one who doesn't get that?
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

CinemaInternational wrote: May 9th, 2023, 3:54 pm Oooh, boy. Batten down the hatches everyone. One of the most notorious films of all-time Pink Flamingos is making a TCM debut.....
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! I never thought TCM would ever show that film!!! I haven't seen it in probably over 30 years. Can't wait for this! :D Saw it for the first time back in the 70s at some midnight theater showing.

What day/time is it on????
norfious

Post by norfious »

speedracer5 wrote: May 4th, 2023, 9:41 pm
That's good to know. Thanks! It looks like they filmed in both Southern and Central Oregon. Smith Rock State Park is near Bend, which is an awesome city in Central Oregon. I don't make it down to that part of the state very often. Bend is about 3.5 hours south east of where I live. The Rogue is at least 4.5 hours south of me.

I always like to see movies that were filmed in Oregon.
I really have to watch Rooster Cogburn sometime. Amusingly, I was just in Bend over the holiday weekend.

Despite living in Oregon, I have only seen three films that I know were filmed here: The Goonies, The General, and The Last of the Wild Horses. The latter was filmed in Jacksonville, a town which looks almost exactly the same today as when the film was shot.
_Broadway_ from the TCM forums.
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

norfious wrote: June 1st, 2023, 4:20 pm
That's good to know. Thanks! It looks like they filmed in both Southern and Central Oregon. Smith Rock State Park is near Bend, which is an awesome city in Central Oregon. I don't make it down to that part of the state very often. Bend is about 3.5 hours south east of where I live. The Rogue is at least 4.5 hours south of me.

I really have to watch Rooster Cogburn sometime. Amusingly, I was just in Bend over the holiday weekend.

Despite living in Oregon, I have only seen three films that I know were filmed here: The Goonies, The General, and The Last of the Wild Horses. The latter was filmed in Jacksonville, a town which looks almost exactly the same today as when the film was shot.
Yes you do. Roster Cogburn is a great film. You might not think John Wayne and Katharine Hepburn could blend in the same movie. Both are strong characters.
I haven't been in Oregon for years. My family members have either moved or passed away.
Our time in Jacksonville was just for lunch.
We also took the Harry and David tour in Medford.
Probably in the ballpark of 15 years ago.
My favorite city would be Grants Pass.
speedracer5

Post by speedracer5 »

I have been to Jacksonville before. Though it's been awhile. I don't make it down to Southern Oregon very often. I love Bend. I was there last year. I grew up in Salem where "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" was filmed. My family drove past the Oregon State Hospital many many times and it looked exactly like it does in the film. It was only in the last decade or so when the state remodeled it, which included a new coat of paint. They also built a museum dedicated to mental health. Since I've lived in Oregon my entire life, I have been to every square inch of the state, except for the SE part by the Nevada border. As far as I can tell, there is nothing over there. Lol.
speedracer5

Post by speedracer5 »

jimimac71 wrote: June 1st, 2023, 5:42 pm

Yes you do. Roster Cogburn is a great film. You might not think John Wayne and Katharine Hepburn could blend in the same movie. Both are strong characters.
I haven't been in Oregon for years. My family members have either moved or passed away.
Since we had a dog growing up and didn't want to have to board him all the time, we did a lot of camping trips. Most of our camping trips were relatively local (Oregon, N. California), because airfare was expensive. Anyway, we did a camping trip to Southern Oregon. We visited Jacksonville and stayed in Gold Hill. We also did some of the ghost towns down there and some of the other local attractions. My favorite city in Southern Oregon is probably Ashland. But my favorite city in Oregon would have to be a tie between Florence or Yachats on the Oregon Coast, across from Eugene. I also love Bend.
CinemaInternational

Post by CinemaInternational »

Hibi wrote: June 1st, 2023, 3:27 pm
CinemaInternational wrote: May 9th, 2023, 3:54 pm Oooh, boy. Batten down the hatches everyone. One of the most notorious films of all-time Pink Flamingos is making a TCM debut.....
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! I never thought TCM would ever show that film!!! I haven't seen it in probably over 30 years. Can't wait for this! :D Saw it for the first time back in the 70s at some midnight theater showing.

3:45 AM Eastern Time on July 1 (a Saturday)
TikiSoo

Post by TikiSoo »

Did anyone notice TCM schedule listing for MADE IN PARIS?

6:00 PM    Made in Paris (1966)
A young fashion designer is transformed by her first trip to Paris.
    Dir: Boris Sagal    Cast: Louis Jourdan, Richard Crenna, Edie Adams
    Runtime: 103 mins    Genre: Comedy    Rating: TV-PG    CC: Y

Uh, did they forget who stars in the movie? It ain't Louis Jordan...

I love this movie, btw
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

CinemaInternational wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 4:59 am
Hibi wrote: June 1st, 2023, 3:27 pm

3:45 AM Eastern Time on July 1 (a Saturday)
Thanks. Would figure it would be at that hour.
norfious

Post by norfious »

jimimac71 wrote: June 1st, 2023, 5:42 pm Yes you do. Roster Cogburn is a great film. You might not think John Wayne and Katharine Hepburn could blend in the same movie. Both are strong characters.
In general, I am not a fan of Katherine Hepburn or John Wayne, but I would like to watch it, especially to see places I recognize in the filming location.

That's great that you got to go to Harry and David while down in Southern Oregon. I always love shopping at their factory store to get discount chocolates and fruit. :)
speedracer5 wrote: June 1st, 2023, 9:18 pm
Since we had a dog growing up and didn't want to have to board him all the time, we did a lot of camping trips. Most of our camping trips were relatively local (Oregon, N. California), because airfare was expensive. Anyway, we did a camping trip to Southern Oregon. We visited Jacksonville and stayed in Gold Hill. We also did some of the ghost towns down there and some of the other local attractions. My favorite city in Southern Oregon is probably Ashland. But my favorite city in Oregon would have to be a tie between Florence or Yachats on the Oregon Coast, across from Eugene. I also love Bend.
My favorite Southern Oregon city is definitely Ashland, too. Before the pandemic, I attended their Shakespeare festival every year and enjoyed exploring their downtown while I was there. Yachats is a good pick, too. The little beach on the edge of town where the river meets the ocean was my favorite place to play as a kid.

Have you been to Cottage Grove? They have a beautiful mural of Buster Keaton on the hotel where he stayed when filming The General.

Which ghost towns did you visit? Old ghost towns are a fascination for me and I have been wanting to visit more of them. Thus far I have only been to Shaniko.

Anyway to keep this post on-topic, I noticed that Christopher Strong was on today, and I am eager to watch it later. While I don't care for Katherine Hepburn much, I want to watch all of Colin Clive's films that are available.
_Broadway_ from the TCM forums.
speedracer5

Post by speedracer5 »

norfious wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 10:15 am
jimimac71 wrote: June 1st, 2023, 5:42 pm Yes you do. Roster Cogburn is a great film. You might not think John Wayne and Katharine Hepburn could blend in the same movie. Both are strong characters.
In general, I am not a fan of Katherine Hepburn or John Wayne, but I would like to watch it, especially to see places I recognize in the filming location.

That's great that you got to go to Harry and David while down in Southern Oregon. I always love shopping at their factory store to get discount chocolates and fruit. :)
speedracer5 wrote: June 1st, 2023, 9:18 pm
My favorite Southern Oregon city is definitely Ashland, too. Before the pandemic, I attended their Shakespeare festival every year and enjoyed exploring their downtown while I was there. Yachats is a good pick, too. The little beach on the edge of town where the river meets the ocean was my favorite place to play as a kid.

Have you been to Cottage Grove? They have a beautiful mural of Buster Keaton on the hotel where he stayed when filming The General.

Which ghost towns did you visit? Old ghost towns are a fascination for me and I have been wanting to visit more of them. Thus far I have only been to Shaniko.

Anyway to keep this post on-topic, I noticed that Christopher Strong was on today, and I am eager to watch it later. While I don't care for Katherine Hepburn much, I want to watch all of Colin Clive's films that are available.
I have been to Cottage Grove. Though I don't know if I've seen the Buster Keaton mural, though I know it is there. I've been to Shaniko too! I'm looking at this Wikipedia article about Ghost towns, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_g ... _in_Oregon, because I couldn't remember what the one was called that we went to. It was "Golden" down in Southern Oregon. But looking at this list, I've been to many more, because I didn't realize they were ghost towns. Lol.

Christopher Strong is good. I really enjoyed watching it. Though I am a fan of Katharine Hepburn. If you like Colin Clive, you should see "History is Made at Night" if you haven't seen it already.