Shadow Banning

Chit-chat, current events
TikiSoo

Re: Shadow Banning

Post by TikiSoo »

I liked Prince Saliano's posts too. I really miss Miss Wonderly.
laffite

Post by laffite »

Thompson wrote: June 27th, 2023, 10:07 pm Vocabulary is important. It’s like brushing your teeth.

Really ? ,

By Improving the vocabulary you get more words.

By brushing your teeth you don't get more teeth.

; - )

Mona
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

laffite wrote: June 28th, 2023, 12:55 pm
Thompson wrote: June 27th, 2023, 10:07 pm Vocabulary is important. It’s like brushing your teeth.

Really ? ,

; - )

Yeah, but you hang on to the ones ya got a bit longer. I’m looking now at my four teeth that have fallen out. I have them in a little spice jar with a lid. Three of them are pretty formidable looking with those big prongs at the end. The fourth one is kinda dinky looking. I just brushed my teeth, or what’s left of them, and I don’t feel any pain. I don’t feel any pain right now. That is the Goal!
laffite

Post by laffite »

Thompson wrote: June 28th, 2023, 7:10 pm

Really ? ,

; - )

Yeah, but you hang on to the ones ya got a bit longer. I’m looking now at my four teeth that have fallen out. I have them in a little spice jar with a lid. Three of them are pretty formidable looking with those big prongs at the end. The fourth one is kinda dinky looking. I just brushed my teeth, or what’s left of them, and I don’t feel any pain. I don’t feel any pain right now. That is the Goal!
Since those two teeth are no longer in your mouth, do you feel you should be indentured?
Mona
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

laffite wrote: June 28th, 2023, 8:04 pm

Really ? ,

; - )

Since those two teeth are no longer in your mouth, do you feel you should be indentured?
Isn't that just another name for a slave?

And so why would Thompson wanna be THAT???

(...sorry, couldn't resist) ;)
laffite

Post by laffite »

Dargo wrote: June 28th, 2023, 8:42 pm
laffite wrote: June 28th, 2023, 8:04 pm

Isn't that just another name for a slave?

And so why would Thompson wanna be THAT???

(...sorry, couldn't resist) ;)
Yes, Dargo. It was a joke. A malapropism. I wanted to see what Thompson would say, but you spoiled it. I was setting a trap. Nevertheless, you made a legitimate post and all is well. Cheers, Dargo.
Mona
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

It’s four teeth, Laffite, not a measly two. Each one has a pain history, a beginning a middle and an end. I won’t belabor the horror of it all, the screams of pain that brought the cops. There was time spent in the back seat of cop cars, trips to and back from the nutty house. It was four teeth, and I can prove it with my spice jar. But I’m a free man now. I’m not indentured, I’m just sorta full of Budweiser and Burnett’s, which is probably why I don’t feel any pain.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

That’s another word Nobody has ever heard of — malapropism. Where did you get this vocabulary? Do you use these words in common everyday conversations? I wish I could get me some words like that. Just roll ‘em off my tongue when the situation calls for it. Right. Confuse the police and paddy wagon drivers.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Now I’m in a bit of trouble here on my block. I have to learn the silent scream of pain. Who painted that? I’ve seen that painting. Anyway, the cops told me the next time they get a noise complaint I am going to jail. For good. I tried to think of a good word to say to the cops but it just came out as a mumble. I wonder who keeps calling the police? Probably that girl with the sissy looking dog and expensive car.
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

Thompson wrote: June 28th, 2023, 10:01 pm I’m just sorta full of Budweiser and Burnett’s, which is probably why I don’t feel any pain.
Bud??

Dude.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

For the money, for the freshness, for the availability, for the proper carbonation (which is really the key to canned beer) you can’t beat Budweiser. 5 percent. I understand the wanting to go elsewhere. But that is stupid really. If you drink canned beer then Budweiser will win any taste test there is. That’s true. Try it.
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

Not up here it won't.

And bud needs to leave the kids alone.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Oh is that the bad press from Bud Light? What is that about anyway? Who gives a care about that? Everybody knows from the get go that lite beer is a huge ripoff. You pay the same price or more for beer with less than five percent. How stupid can you be? Like paying the same amount for a pack of cigarettes that has half the nicotine content.
laffite

Post by laffite »

Most know this word if they have a read a book or two. For those who might not know this already, Mrs Malapropism is a comic character in a play by Sheridan (1751-1816). She was always misusing words. Remember Norm Crosby? He loved doing this in his monologues. It was his shtick.

[media]https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... nX-EPaAIdU[/media]
Last edited by laffite on June 29th, 2023, 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mona
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

laffite wrote: June 29th, 2023, 12:10 am For those who might not know this already, Mrs Malapropism is a comic character in a play by Sheridan (1751-1816). She was always misusing words. Remember Norm Crosby? He loved doing this in his monologues.

[media]https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... nX-EPaAIdU[/media]
My wife and I used to work with a woman who we'd refer to as "The Female Norm Crosby". A few of her more notable malaprops being:

"Wait, don't tell me. It's right on the tip of my brain."

"Boy, that sure takes the pie!"

(...and no, she didn't do this sort of thing to be purposely funny...Ada and her family escaped Cuba when she was 8 years old, and so English was her second language...oh, that's right...we'd also occasionally refer to her as "The Female Ricky Ricardo" too)