Chit-chat, current events
Intrepid37

Re: Shadow Banning

Post by Intrepid37 »

Oh dear, ziggy - are you getting upset?
txfilmfan

Post by txfilmfan »

It's just tiresome. Everybody knows where everyone stands. Move on. Further bickering and ad hominem attacks are pointless and won't change anyone's mind.
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

I couldn't care less if anyone changes their mind about anything.

But if someone posts something directly about me, I may or may not respond to what they've posted, depending on what it was they said.

This entire conversation should have ended 2 pages back when I posted, simply, "Okay, good".

But some people didn't want it to end. No idea why.
laffite

Post by laffite »

///
Last edited by laffite on June 30th, 2023, 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mona
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

laffite wrote: June 29th, 2023, 11:34 pm "Okay, good," can be incendiary. It has started World Wars and many skirmishes.
Name one.
LostHorizons

Post by LostHorizons »

ziggy6708a wrote: June 29th, 2023, 9:48 pm :roll:
You can use the “foe” feature to block people if you really wish. There might also be a way to hide threads though I am not so sure about that one.

Neither Darkblue nor James will listen to people telling them to stop. In fact, posting stuff like that to either will make them double down. If any of you wanted this thread to stop you could just block them or not reply to it. :smiley_chinrub:

I will bump it just because I don’t really care either way. Let either post what they wish to on the subject. Free country.
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

There's nobody with the identifier Darkblue here.

There was a poster known as darkblue back in the days of TCM - and there's various sites that can be found online that have someone who identifies as darkblue on them.

But, with or without a capital letter at the start of the identifier, there's no one here by that name.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Wait. Didn't you admit in another recent thread that...

(...oh never mind...forget it...I don't want or need to involve myself in this thread anymore...a thread I feel should have been locked pages back and primarily due to its wandering all over the place and away from its original purpose...there, I said it...bye bye...again)
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

Dargo wrote: June 30th, 2023, 12:41 am Wait. Didn't you admit in another recent thread that...

(...oh never mind...forget it...I don't want or need to involve myself in this thread anymore...a thread I feel should have been locked pages back and primarily due to its wandering all over the place and away from its original purpose...there, I said it...bye bye...again)

Goodness. I never took you to be one of those "lock this thread" sissies.

Learn something new every day.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Actually, I rarely if ever have been. However, I've come to the conclusion about THIS thread that it's come to serve no purpose at all but to elicit needless confrontations between many of the people who've contributed their thoughts into it.

I mean, when was the last time the original premise for your creation of it has even been touched upon?

(...and now here's another thing you might "learn" here Rick/DarkBlue/Intrepid...many people out there would think it really weird that someone would think of themselves and refer to themselves as being totally different entities whenever they change their online handle...sorry to say here ol' boy, but this gives off a whole "Sybil" kind'a vibe here)
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

Dargo wrote: June 30th, 2023, 1:04 am Actually, I rarely if ever have been. However, I've come to the conclusion about THIS thread that it's come to serve no purpose at all but to elicit needless confrontations between many of the people who've contributed their thoughts into it.

I mean, when was the last time the original premise for your creation of it has even been touched upon?

(...and now here's another thing you might "learn" here Rick/DarkBlue/Intrepid...many people out there would think it really weird that someone would think of themselves and refer to themselves as being totally different entities whenever they change their online handle...sorry to say here ol' boy, but this gives off a whole "Sybil" kind'a vibe here)
Come on, Dargs. You know full well that threads take on a life of their own. One post leads to another and before you know it, it's gone off to all kinds of places. You yourself have commented on that phenomenon numerous times - and always with good humor prior to this time.

I've asked you to use my user name for this site, and you agreed to do that. So, lets please stick to it.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

AND, with the operative sentence in your above posting being:

"You yourself have commented on that phenomenon numerous times - and always with good humor prior to this time."

First, thanks for the compliment here.

And so secondly, have you ever then considered the thought that with the inclusion of this "good humor" into threads that might wander away from their original cause for being, that there then might be a whole lot less of the "needless confrontation" within them that I mentioned earlier?

That's all I'm saying here, Intrepid. And btw, I'll now apologize to you for referring to you again by your actual given name.

(...okay, and NOW this will be my very last posting in it...and so here's your opportunity to get in "the last word" again...although of course, I can't speak for any others who might now still wish to add their proverbial two cents in here)
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

Well, I know nothing about getting in "the last word", but as this thread is ongoing, there's a chance I'll post in it again - possibly many times.

As for "needless confrontation" - 'm not going to stop them if (so many) people want to fight over every little thing that's said.
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

Dargo wrote: June 30th, 2023, 1:31 am And so secondly, have you ever then considered the thought that with the inclusion of this "good humor" into threads that might wander away from their original cause for being, that there then might be a whole lot less of the "needless confrontation" within them that I mentioned earlier?
Dargo is wise. Words to live by which would go a long way around here. I've never seen so many threads turn into pointless bickering in all my forum years (and I've been on some contentious ones!)

This one is done.