MovieCollectorOH Site

Discussion of programming on TCM.
lydecker

MovieCollectorOH Site

Post by lydecker »

Hi:

Checked on this recently and it appears to be unavailable. As anyone been in touch with MovieCollectorOH?? I know all of us from the TCM Boards have learned to count on his info so much.

Lydecker
jimimac71

Re: MovieCollectorOH Site

Post by jimimac71 »

lydecker wrote: February 5th, 2024, 9:22 pm Hi:

Checked on this recently and it appears to be unavailable. As anyone been in touch with MovieCollectorOH?? I know all of us from the TCM Boards have learned to count on his info so much.

Lydecker
Gosh! MCOH is a TCM hero! Hope all is okay!
txfilmfan

Post by txfilmfan »

lydecker wrote: February 5th, 2024, 9:22 pm Hi:

Lydecker
It must have just happened, because I was able to access it in January and it appeared that it was still being updated. I guess it expired at the end of the month?
lydecker

Post by lydecker »

Well, if anybody has any info about him, let us know.
TikiSoo

Post by TikiSoo »

Are you asking about the escapepress.com page?

That is the one I have bookmarked and it works OK.
Possibly it was down a short while for maintenance/upgrading?
j.lunatic

Post by j.lunatic »

http://escapepress.com/tcmsched/tcm_overview.html uses data from MediaCollectorOH's site. According to https://www.moviecollectoroh.com/cgi-sy ... edpage.cgi, MCOH's site is "currently unavailable." This could be something on the service provider's end, but I hope MediaCollectorOH is all right. Are they registered to post here?

(And even if MediaCollectorOH is okay, I hope they have made plans to preserve this data. Nitrateville.com had a recent thread about estate planning and film preservation; resources like this also ought to be preserved.)
Avatar: Madalynne Field (1907-1974)
Formerly known as Peg of the Precodes on the TCM forums.
Letterboxd: https://letterboxd.com/PollyPrecoder/
lydecker

Post by lydecker »

Yes, I was talking about moviecollectoroh's site (where he lists every movie that has ever aired on TCM since Day 1. I can't tell you what an invaluable resource that is and I bless him everyday for doing it. If anybody knows how to reach him, share with the group.

Lydecker
CinemaInternational

Post by CinemaInternational »

I know that he stopped updating his website on a regular basis just before the TCM boards closed, although he did do it a few times after that. I remember he made a comment on the boards that he didn't feel quite as interested in it anymore, or something along those lines. I didn't know the whole thing was down. I hope that he is in good health and doing well.
j.lunatic

Post by j.lunatic »

News to date: MovieCollectorOH's account on Nitrateville.com has not been accessed since May 2023; the private message I sent has not been read.

I tried asking the other forum members, but no news yet.
Avatar: Madalynne Field (1907-1974)
Formerly known as Peg of the Precodes on the TCM forums.
Letterboxd: https://letterboxd.com/PollyPrecoder/
frogluvr67

Post by frogluvr67 »

I too am concerned! There is yet another message board: Classicfilmtvradio. And his account reads: Username: MovieCollectorOH Last Online: Dec 25, 2022 at 2:11pm. So I guess he quit posting there all together. That board is a little less active than this one but some core members from the now dead TCM forums still frequent.

If MovieCollectorOH disappears, this could be a great loss for us, fans of TCM & old films...
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

I realize people want to remain anonymous in a forum like this, but it makes it pretty impossible to find out facts.
I suppose Lomm would have access to MovieCollector's email address for this forum.
I still miss LawrenceA.
Hey! Welcome frogluvr67! Excellent avatar. So Monet-ish.
jamesjazzguitar

Post by jamesjazzguitar »

frogluvr67 wrote: February 9th, 2024, 12:47 pm I too am concerned! There is yet another message board: Classicfilmtvradio. And his account reads: Username: MovieCollectorOH Last Online: Dec 25, 2022 at 2:11pm. So I guess he quit posting there all together. That board is a little less active than this one but some core members from the now dead TCM forums still frequent.

If MovieCollectorOH disappears, this could be a great loss for us, fans of TCM & old films...
I'm go to the other message board and we have been wondering about MovieCollector for many months now. Yea, he is a solid resource for valuable information. Hopefully he is fine and just taking a break from the web.
CinemaInternational

I have not heard any more about MovieCollectorOH, but I just wanted to share the information that his database of what aired on the channel (as of last year, so there would be new additions if it had been updated) has been saved for good on Internet Archive: https://web.archive.org/web/20230912231 ... _alpha.htm. It's something at any rate.
nakanosunplaza

Post by nakanosunplaza »

Great move 1Thank you so much,I still check every other month,it all disapeared
CinemaInternational

Someone on Letterboxd also transcribed MovieCollectorOH's list into a big list with pictures, although it does not include the films that have debuted since last March, nor does it include the last aired (or how often it was aired) details that the database had. Still, it is something. I'm tempted to post a comment containing all the premieres since last March that have been archived here so it can be a complete list.

https://letterboxd.com/striza/list/ever ... ic-movies/