WHAT'S HAPPENED TO KINGRAT????

Chit-chat, current events
jimimac71

Re: WHAT'S HAPPENED TO KINGRAT????

Post by jimimac71 »

HoldenIsHere wrote: February 27th, 2024, 3:44 pm
Masha wrote: February 27th, 2024, 3:33 pm
skimpole wrote: February 27th, 2024, 2:56 pm But I, being the real Skimpole, [...]
I do hope that you will tolerate a small amount of incredulity but I find your contention slightly askew as I never truly believed that: 'skimpole' was 'real' in the traditional sense. More like a dream fairy who appears out of nowhere to sprinkle bon mots and bits of wisdom onto our dreary lives.
"I don't want realism.

I want MAGIC!!!!"
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

I wonder why they don't join?
jamesjazzguitar

Post by jamesjazzguitar »

Hibi wrote: February 27th, 2024, 3:45 pm Can there possibly be 128 guests on here today? That must be more than our membership! Something is off here.
The latest stats says only 6 registered users; 4 bots, Ziggy and me. You (Hibi), were not listed as well as many other users that appear to be log-in now.

Hibi; do you log on to this forum as a registered user?
CinemaInternational

Post by CinemaInternational »

Hibi wrote: February 27th, 2024, 4:09 pm I wonder why they don't join?
It was extremely hard for Lorna to join, and it took me 4 times. Maybe more would apply if it was easier to sign up.
CinemaInternational

Skimpole, do you regularly log in and out every day, or do you use the computer's option to "remember me"? I'm wondering if this has any bearing on your account disappearing.
CinemaInternational

Hibi wrote: February 27th, 2024, 1:12 pm
Swithin wrote: February 27th, 2024, 12:22 pm Clicking on Nellie's name says poster does not exist.
Yes, Nellie also appears to have been given the boot. I wonder who's next? I'm starting to wonder if all of us will be "booted" out of here. With so many people having problems joining here I'm dreading getting the "boot"! I was a member from years ago, so I escaped that problem when TCM went down.
Gosh, I hope not. It would break my heart to be "booted" , however briefly, from here, and I would hate to see it happen to anyone else either. We are like a big family around here; we care for each other.
skimpole

Post by skimpole »

CinemaInternational wrote: February 27th, 2024, 4:26 pm Skimpole, do you regularly log in and out every day, or do you use the computer's option to "remember me"? I'm wondering if this has any bearing on your account disappearing.
I always used the "remember me" option.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

jamesjazzguitar wrote: February 27th, 2024, 4:20 pm
Hibi wrote: February 27th, 2024, 3:45 pm Can there possibly be 128 guests on here today? That must be more than our membership! Something is off here.
The latest stats says only 6 registered users; 4 bots, Ziggy and me. You (Hibi), were not listed as well as many other users that appear to be log-in now.

Hibi; do you log on to this forum as a registered user?
YES. And I was listed as registered earlier today. WTH?

I should qualify that to say I stay logged in and don't log in daily. But it did list me earlier as registered.
Last edited by Hibi on February 27th, 2024, 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

CinemaInternational wrote: February 27th, 2024, 4:24 pm
It was extremely hard for Lorna to join, and it took me 4 times. Maybe more would apply if it was easier to sign up.
SIGH. Yes, I forgot about that.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Why are there so many bots listed as registered users?? I just checked and I'm listed as registered from my end. I guess it's not showing on other posters screens?
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

I wonder how many of those guests are from Top's board?
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

I log in and log out. My computer remembers my details. When I am logged in, "Swithin" appears at the bottom of the main page, and the page I am looking at. One can see other names logged in, but some posters don't want their names shown, so they just show up as "guest" when they're logged in. I'm curious as to why some presumably sensitive creatures don't want their names shown. But I think many of us allow our names to be shown, e.g. Swithin, Hibi, KayFrancis, Kingrat, Holden, etc.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Swithin wrote: February 27th, 2024, 5:26 pm I log in and log out. My computer remembers my details. When I am logged in, "Swithin" appears at the bottom of the main page, and the page I am looking at. One can see other names logged in, but some posters don't want their names shown, so they just show up as "guest" when they're logged in. I'm curious as to why some presumably sensitive creatures don't want their names shown. But I think many of us allow our names to be shown, e.g. Swithin, Hibi, KayFrancis, Kingrat, Holden, etc.
How does one even do that? They log in as a guest and not themselves? You wouldn't be able to post then! Where's the fun in that???
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

What's the difference between being HIDDEN and a guest? There's one person listed as HIDDEN! LOL. How do you hide???
NickandNora34

Post by NickandNora34 »

CinemaInternational wrote: February 27th, 2024, 4:24 pm
I have vowed to never forget my password anymore, as it always takes 8 years for the site to email me the link to reset it. I recall the sign-up process being a tad tricky for me also.
Obviously, you're not a golfer.