"NUMBER 12 LOOKS JUST LIKE YOU"

Chit-chat, current events
NoShear

"NUMBER 12 LOOKS JUST LIKE YOU"

Post by NoShear »

Dargo, you probably remember that we once exchanged some posts regarding the South Bay photography of the multi-talented Glenn "Spot" Lockett who died a year ago on this day...

As to my drop of The TWILIGHT ZONE, the original source was Charles Beaumont's "The Beautiful People" which his friend, John Tomerlin, kindly shared co-credit in its screen adaptation though he alone is said to have worked on the teleplay in place of the dying Beaumont.
Dargo

Re: "NUMBER 12 LOOKS JUST LIKE YOU"

Post by Dargo »

NoShear wrote: March 4th, 2024, 11:35 am Dargo, you probably remember that we once exchanged some posts regarding the South Bay photography of the multi-talented Glenn "Spot" Lockett who died a year ago on this day...

As to my drop of The TWILIGHT ZONE, the original source was Charles Beaumont's "The Beautiful People" which his friend, John Tomerlin, kindly shared co-credit in its screen adaptation though he alone is said to have worked on the teleplay in place of the dying Beaumont.
Yeah, I do remember our conversation about "Spot" here, NS...

I seem to recall it being prompted by the topic of punk musicians who were based in the SoBay, was it not?!

Btw, your mention of that TZ episode has also now reminded me of the time Suzy Parker's daughter Dinah once started a thread on the old TCM boards about her mother and her father Bradford Dillman. Remember that?

(...unfortunately she didn't tend it very well, as there was little follow-up from her after she had started it)
txfilmfan

Post by txfilmfan »

Dargo wrote: March 6th, 2024, 7:56 pm
NoShear wrote: March 4th, 2024, 11:35 am Dargo, you probably remember that we once exchanged some posts regarding the South Bay photography of the multi-talented Glenn "Spot" Lockett who died a year ago on this day...

I seem to recall it being prompted by the topic of punk musicians who were based in the SoBay, was it not?!

Btw, your mention of that TZ episode has also now reminded me of the time Suzy Parker's daughter Dinah once started a thread on the old TCM boards about her mother and her father Bradford Dillman. Remember that?

(...unfortunately she didn't tend it very well, as there was little follow-up from her after she had started it)
As I recall, I think her main goal was to get the attention of folks at TCM so she could either be interviewed about her parents, or brought on screen to talk about their careers. Nothing wrong with that, but the folks she needed to contact weren't exactly hanging around the old message board much (if at all).
NoShear

Post by NoShear »

Dargo wrote: March 6th, 2024, 7:56 pm

Yes, Dargo, I think the downbeat was South Bay punk with an intention of sharing one of his photos snapped of The Church in Hermosa Beach with you...

This dusky yield is not one of Spot's shots but, nonetheless, worthy of sharing with you as well:

If I correctly recall, Suzy Parker's daughter gave it two tries...
If I correctly recall, I posted the following for her: