Wild West

mrsl

Wild West

Post by mrsl »

This must have been a mini-series which they ran together to make a movie. I never heard, or saw it so again, it must have run in my working evening days.

Sam Elliot is the star, and he teams up with Ben Johnson and another guy (don't know him and have no idea where he is now), in going around to different shooting matches. From that they run into an entrepreneur who convinces them to join him in building a Wild West show. In the meantime there are girls, ranch hands, indians and other unsavory characters who cause them trouble, but on the whole it's a pretty good show.

It's only drawback is that it is 3 hours and 20 minutes long. I taped it during the middle of the night and watched it today, so that worked well for me.

I like Sam Elliott a lot except he always looks so rag-tag, and there didn't seem to be much chemistry between him and Ben Johnson, but again, for simple entertainment, it's a pretty good bet.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

I saw this back in the summer and had never heard of it either. For one thing it was way too long. They spent way too much time shooting too. But with a fairly thin story it was treat watching Elliott and Johnson together. Harry Carey, Jr. was in for a little bit as I recall. Should have been longer. Also I think the recently deceased Pat Hingle was in for a bit.

OK entertainment.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."