Cheered up my boring Saturday afternoon

mrsl

Cheered up my boring Saturday afternoon

Post by mrsl »

I really hate Saturday afternoon for TV, so I generally watch what I've taped all week long.

I would however like to say, I watched a 1994 movie yesterday named Bad Girls. starring Drew Barrymore, Mary Stuart Masterson, Andie MacDowell, and Madeline Stowe as four ladies of the night who have trouble in town and are forced to move on. The whole thing starts with 3 of the four freeing 1 from being hanged, and they decide to ride together, and try to start new lives. Naturally in the next two hours they run into all sorts of nasty men who cause them more trouble but all together this is a fun movie. As with all westerns there is a great shootout at the end, but all through the movie, all four girls do a bang up job in making you forget they are helpless little women.

Naturally, with women as the leads, the trouble that brews is the threat of rape instead of hanging or beating, or fast draw, but they're pretty much prepared for that.

You know how I feel about newer movies, but this is a good one. In the past 14 years all four girls have matured and improved their acting talents but at the time this was made, it was a good idea to pretty much even out the parts. There wasn't any one main star, but that added to it becoming a good movie. Oh believe me, there were no threats of Oscar here, or even Golden Globes, but it was fun, and that's what most of us want in a movie, I would think.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
klondike

Re: Cheered up my boring Saturday afternoon

Post by klondike »

mrsl wrote:In the past 14 years all four girls have matured and improved their acting talents

Anne
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Anne, have you seen Drew Barrymore in anything newer than Bad Girls?
I'd sooner say time has stood still for Ms. B's talent evolution . . maybe even ran backwards a little bit.
But hey, differences in opinion are what makes horse races possible, and the U.S. Constitution a "must-have", right?
And listen, Annie, if you enjoyed the storyline in Bad Girls, you've got to rent Bandidas, with Penelope Cruz & Salma Hayek! It's every bit as much fun, with a lot of plot similarities! You'll love it!
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

You're right Klondike. I haven't really seen her in much at all, in fact most of the girls have had very little screen time. I do know I liked Andie MacDowell a lot in Four Weddings and a Funeral, and Madeline Stowe in Last of the Mohicans, and Mary Stuart is all over in TV shows, TV movies, and theatrical movies. None of them has done any work worthy of great accolades, but all of them are pleasant and a whole lot better than some.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
stuart.uk

Post by stuart.uk »

Anne

I've got the movie Bad Girls and you're right. It's a good movie. I think Madeline Stowe takes her action heroine from Last Of The Mochican's a stage further with a convincing performance as Cody Jarrett, a lady who knew how to take care of herself.