I've just seen more than I bargained for!

Chit-chat, current events
charliechaplinfan

I've just seen more than I bargained for!

Post by charliechaplinfan »

A very tongue in cheek thread and I hope nobody minds.

I've just finished watching the first half of Novecento with Robert De Niro and Gerald Depardieu and anyone who has seen it probably remembers just how much I've seen of them :roll: :roll:

You have to remember I sit watching Novecento as my husband sits typing on his laptop. He keeps looking up at the wrong time, first there was Burt Lancaster with his hands down his trousers, :shock: then two young boys with theirs out :shock: :shock: and then finally Robert De Niro and Gerald Depardieu completely naked in bed with a woman who is fondling them both :shock: :shock: :shock: .

Finally he had to ask 'What the hell are you watching tonight?' and all I could think of is to shrug and say 'It's Italian and made by the same guy who made Last Tango in Paris' :roll: :roll:
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
MichiganJ

Re: I've just seen more than I bargained for!

Post by MichiganJ »

charliechaplinfan wrote:Finally he had to ask 'What the hell are you watching tonight?' and all I could think of is to shrug and say 'It's Italian and made by the same guy who made Last Tango in Paris'
Wait, Berttolucci made "Free Willy"?
"Let's be independent together." Dr. Hermey DDS
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

aaaaarrrgh!
klondike

Post by klondike »

Alison, assuming you have been spared thus far, you will definitely want to avoid the remake of Lolita, w/ Frank Langella . . . whose long, desperate, stumbling death-scene would have been far more humane for the audience if he'd only had his bathrobe closed !!! :x :shock: :x :shock: :x
And thank you for the heads-up [aaargh!] about those Bertoluccian excesses.
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

I love a good pun and here we got two.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Unless I've seen an abridged version of Last Tango In Paris, I didn't see that much of Marlon Brando.

Had it been two women with one man hubby might have turned his laptop off. He thinks I have strange taste in movies as it is, this hasn't helped my cause.

Novecento itself feels like a beautiful slow moving soap opera. Having watched the first part I'm going to watch the second part, hopefully it will pick up the pace. I'm a little dissappointed that the version I've got only has English as a language choice and I'm not keen on dubbing, it's not fully dubbed as Robert De Niro, Donald Sutherland and Burt Lancaster speak in English, I like subtitles.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin