Dust off your six-shooters, choose the Top-Gun Western ever!

mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Well Klondike:

Even born and raised in Chi town, my heart and mind have always belonged to country. Although I knew and liked Frankie Avalon, Bobby Darin, and Fabian, my loyalties and radio were really tuned to Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings, and George Jones. I preferred cowboy hats to pill boxes, and boots over pumps as well as fringed skirts and shirts over nylon and felt. My favorite jewelry to this day is silver and tourquoise. I could go on and on but all of this stems from the time I was about eleven. For some reason country stuff just seemed more honest and sincere than the stuff my friends were oohing, and aahing about. That's basically why when the British invaded, I turned them off like a water faucet. The Beetles never fazed me in the least, and as far as I was concerned, they didn't even exist.

I took a lot of kidding but didn't care, and after a while the kids accepted me and my quirky ideas. But here I am today, a classic movie fan instead of what's offered in theaters now.

And, BTW, it really is dropping peanuts in Coke, not any kind of red juice drink. Try it sometime. It's the combination of the salty peanuts and the sweet Coke syrup; or pop a peanut in your mouth, chew it up, and take a slug of Coke and swallow both together. Good stuff!!! I know it sounds weird but remember Laverne and Shirley, and Laverne always drinking Coke and milk? Think about it, what's in what we called a Black Cow? It's a dipper of vanilla ice cream in a glass of Coke or root beer, and when the ice cream melts, it's milk and Coke, right???

It's funny how unusual things seem yucky, but if you try it, sometimes its good.

Anne

And if anyone calls me Little Miss Barbara Mandrelle, I'll get my daddys' shotgun and shoot you!!!
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

Anne sez:
It's funny how unusual things seem yucky, but if you try it, sometimes its good.

Does that mean you'll be keeping your bargain-basement copy of ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST? :wink:
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

No ChiO:

I said I had a friend who wanted to see it, so I'll probably watch it from behind my hands with him. If he wants it, he's welcome to it, if not, it will just be part of my western collection. I still feel its a sick and awful western and not worthy of being in the American list of good westerns but if some people so consider it, then I'll go along just as I do with Citizen Kane. That's just my opinion and I can't help how I feel.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
klondike

Post by klondike »

mrsl wrote:I still feel its a sick and awful western and not worthy of being in the American list of good westerns but if some people so consider it, then I'll go along just as I do with Citizen Kane. That's just my opinion and I can't help how I feel.

Anne
That's how I feel about Eastwood's Unforgiven !
cinemalover

Post by cinemalover »

The Final Four is now open for voting. This round will only last three days until Wednesday, Feruary 27th. Then we will be set for the final show-down!!!!!
Chris

The only bad movie is no movie at all.
cinemalover

Post by cinemalover »

Today is the last day to vote in Round Four. We should start the Final Showdown tomorrow.
Chris

cinemalover

Post by cinemalover »

The polls are now open for the final showdown in the Bestavorite Western Competition. The usual suspects are squaring off for the the title.

The Searchers may be a slight favorite, but I'd never turn my back on Liberty Valance, he's a wicked dude.
Chris