Friends of TCM?

Chit-chat, current events
Mr. O'Brady

Post by Mr. O'Brady »

I guess they've determined that my email address is not valid? It's not even one of those throwaway accounts from Google or Yahoo. I'm still not getting any reminders. Monday evening I again asked for one tonight, nothing. Weird. Maybe it's payback for asking for "Big City" too many times. Guess I'll just have to write down all the movies I want to see.
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Pat,

You received the "Friends" notice so they know that email addy is valid (it didn't bounce back to them as undeliverable).

Do you have another email addy on file with "Big City"?

For some bizarre reason, I have two. One that I can log-in to the website with and another one for logging into the message boards.

I don't know why.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

Mr. O'Brady

Post by Mr. O'Brady »

No, Lynn, it's my one and only address for at least the past five years. I can't even remember when I switched anymore. When I logged in to TCM, I was logged in to the Message Boards too. I still get my monthly schedules, schedule changes, and even received two replies when I complained about the quality of "Three Wise Fools". I just can't get a reminder. I hate to send in another complaint to TCM. Grumble, grumble...
Hollis

Post by Hollis »

Good afternoon Pat,

Two solutions to your problem - One, use the printable version of the broadcast schedule (day, week or entire month) or, Two - subscribe to "Now Playing." According to Robert Osborne, "It's more than just a program guide, it's indispensable for the classic movie fan." Plus, there's a "challenging" crossword puzzle to test your movie knowledge! You'll get "rare" photos of your favorite stars and (catch your breath here) every month he writes a cover story, too!!! I heard a rumor that George Costanza's father saves them along with his TV Guides!

As always,

Hollis

p.s. Sorry that I can't join you for "Samson and Delilah" this evening, but the FLYERS open up their semifinal playoff series this evening at 6pm my time against the Habs up in Montreal, so I'll be listening to that online instead, eh?
Mr. O'Brady

Post by Mr. O'Brady »

Thanks, Hollis. I usually download the schedules as soon as they come up, then go through and ask for reminders. Guess I'll just write down what I want to watch from now on. I need the exercise anyway.
Mr. O'Brady

Post by Mr. O'Brady »

Okay, the time for paranoia is here. Now I haven't received my monthly schedule by email. I even logged in online to check all of my ISP-deleted spam, and there was nothing from TCM. I contacted TCM to ask about my problem, and checked the little box asking for an email confirmation that they received my message. None. I no longer exist...

Argh!

Pat
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Pat,

Is the confirmation for upon delivery or upon read? If read, it may take them a day or two to get to (You know how good they can being on top of things).

Let me know if you get the confirmation.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

Mr. O'Brady

Post by Mr. O'Brady »

Lynn, I think the confirmation is upon reading, but the three previous times I wrote to them on various topics, I think I had an initial response within hours. If they have indeed drastically cut back the staff, then I can understand a delay. Just getting really impatient, missed another movie last night. :cry: A little thought went through my head that one of the Message Board or Suggest a Movie trolls might have the same ISP. Shudder...
Mr. O'Brady

Post by Mr. O'Brady »

Nothing from TCM after four days, Lynn. On Nancy's advice, I opened a garbage account and have TCM's emails forwarded to my old address. Works fine so far.

The penalties for leaving a clique are quite severe! :wink:
Jezebel38

Post by Jezebel38 »

Did anyone else get the updated "Friends of TCM" message? It's a marketing survey where they ask your interest in possible future endeavors byTCM such as a Classic Film online course, film themed vacations, a Classic Film buff convention (!) and filmed themed restaurant chains a la Rick's Cafe American. I doubt much of this would materialise, but the survey was fun.
Mr. O'Brady

Post by Mr. O'Brady »

Did anyone else get the updated "Friends of TCM" message?
The original "Friends of TCM" was the last communication I had with them. Maybe they'll send something to my new account. Or maybe they're on to me and are plotting new ways to mess with my head...
Mr. O'Brady

Post by Mr. O'Brady »

Yay! Five weeks after I contacted TCM, I received my reply. They told me to change my email address! :roll: Weird...