Robert Osborne's heir apparent?

Chit-chat, current events
Hollis

Robert Osborne's heir apparent?

Post by Hollis »

Good evening everyone,

Is everyone as pleased as I am that Rose McGowan's tenure as co-host of The Essentials has finally run its course and that she's been succeeded by Alec Baldwin? I never would have guessed it, but the man is extremely well spoken and really does seem to know his movie history. He says so when he does and doesn't like something and seems as though he couldn't care less if anyone agrees or disagrees with him. For my money, he's the best co-host that Robert Osborne has had since Sydney Pollack handled the reins by himself those many moons ago. As a matter of fact, (or more justly, opinion) the others have so failed to distinguish themselves that I can't recall a single one other than Molly Haskell. What I was wondering is this... Could we be looking at Mr Osborn'es successor when he tires of being the nightly host on TCM? I don't know that there's a better choice on the horizon. Then again, I'm not nearly as well versed on the list of possible replacements as many of you are. I'd genuinely like to know what the rest of you think of the premise. Thanks for the soap box upon which I get to preach!

As always,

Hollis
mrsl

Re: Robert Osborne's heir apparent?

Post by mrsl »

Hollis:

Until 30 Rock looses it's appeal, I doubt we would expect to see Alec very much except as an occasional visitor. I agree though, I do like him and am quite glad to see little Rose gone.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
srowley75

Post by srowley75 »

I just hope it's not Ben Mankiewicz. I still miss dear old Bob Dorian from the old AMC (and I never liked Nick Clooney, who seemed to be trying too hard to be charming).

And I continue to hope that they'll give John Waters his own weekly segment. On the subject of film, no one is more entertaining to listen to. If that ever happened, I'd renew my cable subscription.
TikiSoo

Post by TikiSoo »

You know who I'd love to see replace RobtO if (God forbid) he decided to retire?

Leonard Maltin

He is a long time film historian as well as handsome, well spoken, oh everything!