The whiny thread

Chit-chat, current events
Hollis

Re: The whiny thread

Post by Hollis »

Alison,

As free with the words as I am more often than not, they absolutely fail me now. You know what high regard I hold you and Chris in. All I can do is say a prayer for you to be strong and trust in the fact that everyone concerned has only your welfare in mind. Whenever I needed someone to talk with, you always seemed to be there with a word of encouragement. I haven't forgotten all that you did for me. I only wish that I could do the same for you. You know how to find me. Call me please. Whenever. For whatever reason. I cherish our friendship more than you may ever know.

I'm holding you close in my heart...

Hollis
Last edited by Hollis on May 19th, 2009, 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silentscreen

Post by silentscreen »

Hollis,

I totally agree with your sentiments. Alison is a one of a kind lady and I cherish her friendship. She's always there for those in need, always fair minded, and we are there for her too. It will be difficult, but I know she's one tough lady and she will overcome! I think she knows though, that she only needs to ask, and it will be given.
"Humor is nothing less than a sense of the fitness of things." Carole Lombard
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Alison:

As you go back to the hospital please know we are all with you. It is a good thing that we are on the boards because we would not all fit in the waiting room. Rest well. We'll be here when you get up.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Dear friends,

There is a reason this board came back up when it did and I'm it.

You don't know how much your kind words both on and off the board have helped me. I really value your friendship and this has confirmed what I always knew that people here are the best there are. All of your words have comforted me.

I don't blame myself, or circumstance. I think life is sent to test us.

Excuse me the kids are back and they need a HUGE hug.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
charliechaplinfan

I'm back. I do take heart in the children and how resilient they are.

Birdy, I'm sorry I didn't come back online last night. I went in at 8 this morning, scared stiff, I tell you I'd be hopeless if I had a death sentence hanging over my head, no dignified exit and speech, no I'd be a blubbering wreck.

Brenda, Dani's ex husband, well polite words can't describe what kind of low life he is. Thank heavens she's found your son and has her babies.

Klondike, wise words and words that will be well heeded. I'm an optomist and I have faith. I'll take pleasures in the other things in life that bring me joy. The baby was the icing on the cake, the cake is still lovely.

Chris, the vision of everyone in the waiting room made me laugh. Oh to meet you all in such a situation, with surgical stockings and hospital gown too, it's a whole new world to me, the thought is funny.

A little vent......

is it unreasonable to want to shout at the women outside the maternity unit who are puffing away on their cigarettes with their swollen bellies. I didn't smoke or drink and I kept myself in the best of health.

Everytime I go out of my back door next doors daughter is there pregnant with her third child by third fella smoking like a chinmey. I can't face her.

I could have afforded my baby and looked to no one for handouts.

God/Fate has his reasons but they don't make sense. I told the children that they are so lovely that God wanted our new baby as an angel to look after in heaven. Joe said 'why our's we wanted to keep ours'. They are thank goodness resilient.

It's good to come here. Chris has been stoical, like a rock, never has our partnership been tested as strongly and never has it been as comforting as it is now. He can't put into words what has happened to me and he was horrified at what I had to go through. We can't dwell on it together, we have to move on. Chris does it by throwing himself into some kind of activity. He's been packing boxes even though we aren't moving for weeks. I can't apply myself to anything, apart from typing out my feelings.

Tomorrow Chris has compassionate leave and we are going out together just the two of us. Get a couple of things for the new house. Next week we might have a night away with the kids, Joe loves trains and there is a railway museum in York, he'll love it.

Thank you once again friends, those of you here on this thread and those of you on PMs and email. You have been so much help.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
silentscreen

Post by silentscreen »

Dear Alison,

Despite what you've been through, you've taken the right attitude about moving on. I'm so glad that you've made plans to take your mind off the tragedy! They sound like fun! :) I'm also glad that you have a new and beautiful home to look forward to! Think of all the fun you'll have decorating and settling in! That will keep you busy and take your mind off it as well. Life always throws some curves, but there is beauty and wonder as well. Thank goodness! 8)
"Humor is nothing less than a sense of the fitness of things." Carole Lombard
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Alison, no mind that you didn't get online - I prayed at 6 and again at 8.

The friends move into storage went well and we got her out. She has gone to a safe place.
I spent the evening consolong (distracting) her husband and we pray tomorrow goes as well as he wakes up we hope for no rash actions and pray that her transfer to the home goes smoothly.

On a whiny note, my hands are all chapped from handling all that cardboard and my legs hurt. wah

B
charliechaplinfan

Birdy, I've thought of your friend and said prayers for her. Sounds like you need a good long soak in the bath.
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

I just checked this thread (I wish I had seen it sooner) and wanted to give my condolences. Take care of yourself Alison. You are in my prayers.
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Birdy, just having a friend like you is the difference between hopelessness and finding the strength to change your circumstances. Without friends to help, so many women are trapped in horrific situations, with no chance to escape. God Bless you, you are a true hero!
charliechaplinfan

I'll second that Nancy, you're a wonderful friend Birdy.

I'm more upbeat today. Chris and I had a day out to ourselves for the first time in ages (is this what I need to do to get a day off :lol: ) we went to Clitheroe in the Ribble Valley, it has the kind of town centre that every town used to have until 40 years ago. We went in this lovely department store and bought some novelty doorstops (a nughty looking goat and a dog who looked like he was having a ride in a speeding motor) and a draught excluder (a smug looking cat) they sound corny but they're very sweet. Now to stop the kids pinching them. Some Le Crouset utility jars for the kitchen in volcanic orange, bright, just my colour.

They had a handbag section, into which I wandered with Radley handbags. These night just be a British fashion trend butthey are delightful handbags with little scotty dog tags on them. I have two which I use continually. I was just looking at a very practical, over the shoulder number when Chris asked me if it would make me feel better. I said I honestly wasn't sure but it was nice. He bought it :D and it's helped.

The melancholy has surfaced over the day, sometimes it feels like it won't go and it doesn't matter about anything else, I feel blue but it does lift, I think it must be those clashing hormones.

Tomorrow I'm having my hair dyed. I need to look at a bright reflection and my roots did need doing. We'll see, I've put the stylist in charge so I don't do anything to drastic.

I can see the humour even in the darkest situations. When I came back from theatre I was covered in iodine and all I could think of was Charlie Chaplin. Years ago I had read what Louise Brooks had to say about their liaison and how Charlie used iodine as protection. So there I am an hour back from theatre discussing Charlie Chaplin's sex life with Chris as the nurse walked in. Must have thought I was mad :roll:
Hollis

Post by Hollis »

Alison,

I don't think that you and Chris found each other by sheer happenstance. I think that whatever cosmic forces exist in this plane of our existence ordained that you would become as one. The two of you have what so many of us aspire to. This entire chapter of your lives together will only serve to make the bond between you that much stronger.

Hollis
feaito

Post by feaito »

Dear Alison,

I have just read this thread. I'll send you an e-mail right away. I'm with you.

Very sincerely,

Fernando
charliechaplinfan

I've learnt to count my blessings. I think Chris and I are soulmates.

I've seen your message Fernando, thank you good friend.
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Thanks to all of you for all your support.
I can't explain what all this change exactly means in my life but I hope you'll continue to keep me uplifted.
I really appreciate it.