Old Time Radio on Archive.ORG

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
Ollie

Old Time Radio on Archive.ORG

Post by Ollie »

Along with the recent YOUTUBE revelations, I was looking up "rocky fortune" (Frank Sinatra's old radio show from the early '50s) and I discovered that Archive.ORG has a huge collection of hundreds, maybe thousands, of radio shows, all downloadable.

It takes some wading to discover the Old Radio section and I hope I've saved the resulting "page 1" of the results of the "whole collection" listing:

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query ... um_reviews

Some of the series are great for noir fans. There's an Arch Oboler section, too. There were so many unknown-but-great series that it took me years to discover even half of those.
Ollie

Re: Old Time Radio on Archive.ORG

Post by Ollie »

Does anyone know a SUPERMAN fan or a SUPERMAN collector? I've finally tracked down "all" of the available Superman radio programs in MP3 form, and I'd send out Data-DVDs to anyone interested. I'd only ask that any recipients would freely share these, not selling them - there are sites that do this, but I'd prefer to pass these out and keep them in more hands, not less.

Most of these are serialized in 12-15 minute formats, and there are hundreds and hundreds - about 1,100 out of the original 1400-odd episode series.
srowley75

Re: Old Time Radio on Archive.ORG

Post by srowley75 »

Hi Ollie,

I don't know about Superman, but I've been visiting archive.org for a while to download their radio comedies: Jack Benny, Burns and Allen, Our Miss Brooks. They've posted most of the extant episodes of all three programs. I find they're great to listen to while you're on the road or exercising.

-Stephen