Bush Movie

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
ken123

Bush Movie

Post by ken123 »

Director Oliver Stone, JFK and Nixon, has announced plans to set into production a film about the life and Presidency of George Bush, our current President. My question is who would play the the leading roles ? For someone to play the President Mr. Stone should look for an actor who looks like Alfred E. Neuman. Oh how I wish that Peter Sellers were alive ! He would make a marvelous Dick Cheney.
jdb1

Re: Bush Movie

Post by jdb1 »

ken123 wrote:Director Oliver Stone, JFK and Nixon, has announced plans to set into production a film about the life and Presidency of George Bush, our current President. My question is who would play the the leading roles ? For someone to play the President Mr. Stone should look for an actor who looks like Alfred E. Neuman. Oh how I wish that Peter Sellers were alive ! He would make a marvelous Dick Cheney.
Easy pick for me, Ken. The actor Anthony Heald. Every time I see him on TV, I say "Hey, look! It's Dubya!" He looks very much like him, and with proper makeup and attire he'd be a dead ringer.
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

I promise I'll be good but . . .

What in the world could Stone find interesting enough about Dubya to make a movie about his life? Born on a silver platter with a silver spoon shoved up his rump, never having to want for a thing as a child or an adult, never having to face his responsibilities, again as a child or adult, etc. I could go on singing, but I won't.

Seriously, I can't think of a less interesting, let alone deserving person to make a movie about, besides the fact that he should be sitting in a cell in some prison somewhere and well out of the public eye.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
Bogie

Post by Bogie »

mrsl wrote:I promise I'll be good but . . .

What in the world could Stone find interesting enough about Dubya to make a movie about his life? Born on a silver platter with a silver spoon shoved up his rump, never having to want for a thing as a child or an adult, never having to face his responsibilities, again as a child or adult, etc. I could go on singing, but I won't.
I think Stone is going to throw in every conspiratorial aspect of Bush's life and presidency in this movie. Everything from how his family were Nazis in World War II to the Bush family ties to the Bin Ladens and how his administration PLANNED 9/11.

Stone played nice nice with WORLD TRADE CENTER because that was a memorial to the people who died. He's going to go hog wild on every questionable aspect of George Bush's life.

BTW I liked Nixon, It was a little too dark in tone but it gave a good idea of the final days of the Nixon presidency.
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

Yes, I think such a movie should be made. Everyone who ever voted for W should be made to see it, too. And then they have to write on the blackboard, 1,000 times:

Anyone can be elected president. But not just anyone can be a president.
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

I never saw Nixon so I can't say anything about it, but for JFK, although some of the ideas were pretty fanciful, I am sure Stone was correct in assuming there was a widespread collection of conspirators involved. Perhaps not as he showed it, but definitely in the same manner and I'm quite sure involving many of the same people he named.

As for Dubya, I couldn't stand looking at his smarmy face for nearly 2 hours, even if it was a standin playing the part, I would probably never want to see that poor man in any other role.

Anne
Anne

ken123

Post by ken123 »

Both Nixon and JFK were very good films. The former was in no way a " hatchet job " on " Tricky Dick ", and JFK was IMHO a great summing up the the various conspiracy theories. If I were to include my flow chart of the various individuals and groups involved in the JFK murder I would be in real trouble.
klondike

Post by klondike »

ken123 wrote:Both Nixon and JFK were very good films. The former was in no way a " hatchet job " on " Tricky Dick ", and JFK was IMHO a great summing up the the various conspiracy theories. If I were to include my flow chart of the various individuals and groups involved in the JFK murder I would be in real trouble.
Well stated, Ken, and for my money, dead-center on the mark.
Speak on!
ken123

Post by ken123 »

Thank You Klondike - :D

I put together my first JFK Assassination flow chart circa 1990, and have revised it from time to time, now if I could only find where I left it. My chart is heavyily ladden with Chicago politicians, gangsters, industrialists, and fixers of every kind. For one the best JFK books see Peter Dale Scott's Deep Politics and the Murder of JFK its available from Amazon.
klondike

Post by klondike »

I think many of us would enjoy seeing your JFK flow chart, Ken; I'd suggest that you consider showcasing it in its own thread in the General Chat forum!
Bogie

Post by Bogie »

ken123 wrote:Thank You Klondike - :D

I put together my first JFK Assassination flow chart circa 1990, and have revised it from time to time, now if I could only find where I left it. My chart is heavyily ladden with Chicago politicians, gangsters, industrialists, and fixers of every kind. For one the best JFK books see Peter Dale Scott's Deep Politics and the Murder of JFK its available from Amazon.
What, no CIA men or Castro associates?
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

The only thing I can't get my brain around John, is how a single bullet blew away the back of JFK's head and continued on without a single mark on it. Even if it DID follow the path they have laid out, that first impact would have had to leave some sort of scrape. Which has to leave an opening for a second or third bullet.

Anne
Anne

ken123

Post by ken123 »

Everyone knows that the single bullet theory and lone gunman aspects of the Kennedy killing are a fraud.

No Castro men, but CIA guys for sure, including Warren Commission Member Allen Dulles who was fired by JFK a few months after " That Bay of Pigs Thing ".

Warren was the 1948 running mate of Dewey on the GOP ticket, Nixon was a protege of Gov. Tom and Prescott Bush, the grandaddy of the current occupant of the White House.